Clutch release will not go down

/ Clutch release will not go down #1  

drunderw

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 3110D
Good morning-

I was swapping out the clutch adjustment rod on my YM 3110D and could move the clutch release bar going into the clutch by hand. I got my adjustment rod put together and when I went to pull the clutch release down to hook the rod up it wouldn't budge. I'm wondering if when I let go of it one time that it went too far up? Anyway I just cannot get it to move down any. I have everything disconnected from it but it is not budging. Here's a photo:

Yanmar-Bar.JPG

I'm at a loss as to what to do now.

/ Clutch release will not go down #2  
I am guessing when the lever went to far up it allowed the springs to pull the bearing carrier to the rear and the clutch fork went over the top of it. Wondering if there is a weep or drain hole in the bottom of the housing that would allow you any access? If not, maybe remove the steering gearbox for access? All this is pure speculation on my part so proceed with caution.

Guess you tried going all the way around clockwise with the lever?

/ Clutch release will not go down
I am guessing when the lever went to far up it allowed the springs to pull the bearing carrier to the rear and the clutch fork went over the top of it. Wondering if there is a weep or drain hole in the bottom of the housing that would allow you any access? If not, maybe remove the steering gearbox for access? All this is pure speculation on my part so proceed with caution.

Guess you tried going all the way around clockwise with the lever?

Thanks for the reply.

I can't turn it counter clockwise but about 2" and with gravity pulling it clockwise it won't budge any further down that what's in the picture. The PS gearbox is over top of it but I'm afraid to start messing with it to be honest- I didn't think just swapping this rod would mess me over like this :(
Guess I am stuck now having it split open to get at things? It's been a tough day.

I can't crank it. Wondering if I pull it backwards if that would release anything. My loader is down so not sure if I could pull it forward.

/ Clutch release will not go down #5  
Put it in neutral, depress the clutch safety switch and it should crank to raise the loader. I doubt moving it is going to release anything. No vent hole under the bottom on the housing?

Thanks, I got it started and the lift up. I do see a hole about the diameter of a pencil on the bottom of the housing.

Thanks, I got it started and the lift up. I do see a hole about the diameter of a pencil on the bottom of the housing.

Thanks be to God! I let it run for a bit with the loader up and for kicks pulled on the release and it moved! I hooked my adjustment rod up and we will see how it does.

/ Clutch release will not go down #8  
I believe in prayer! :thumbsup:

/ Clutch release will not go down #9  
I believe in prayer! :thumbsup:

Hope it worked out. Mine didn't. I have a ym2000. I had to crack it in half. One of the ears on the yoke had broken so I had to replace. Went ahead and did throw out, clutch and pressure plate while it was open. Been running fine for six months now.