186D radiator drain

/ 186D radiator drain #11  
If cylinders are not leaking externally the seals may not be your problem. Could be stopped up hydraulic screen.

/ 186D radiator drain
If cylinders are not leaking externally the seals may not be your problem. Could be stopped up hydraulic screen.

I will get out service manual and check for that. The guy I bought it from said he had just changed the fliters on the hydraulics. But its ez to say that when you are selling. There is only a little seepage around the left cylinder.

/ 186D radiator drain #13  
I believe the 186 has a spin on filter as well as a suction screen. Fluid look clean?

/ 186D radiator drain
Fluid looks good. perhaps he put the filter on but didn't know about the screen.

/ 186D radiator drain #16  
Congrats on the tractor......those little 186's are great and almost bullet proof if maintained. You mention your tractor has 650 hrs on it......that's possible but keep in mind.....that could be 1650 or more. My 186d shows 750 hrs......that mileage gage has gone around more than once. You also mentioned that the guy you bought it from says it was rebuilt 30 hrs ago. Seems to me that if that were the case......whoever rebuilt it would have ensured proper fluid levels including your cooling. I would recommend changing all fluids, filters and checking that screen like others have mentioned. At least then you would know exactly what you have going. Also.....you might already know this but if you need parts......Hoye Tractor is an excellent resource. Have fun with your tractor......mine has come in so handy over the years. Welcome to the forum.

/ 186D radiator drain #17  
Clean all your connections in the charging circuit, where it hooks to the volt regulator, alternator, batter frame grounds and temp sensor connector.

/ 186D radiator drain
Coolant was the right level just could see there was no anti freeze in it. bought it in Fresno and I would have to look in record books for last freeze in that area. I moved it up to Sonora Ca. elevation 3000 feet. Last night it was supposed to get to 28 degrees and would imagine lots more of that. I put it 50 50 and won't have to worry as well as rust inhibitors in it.

/ 186D radiator drain
I will check all of them. hopefully something just got jarred loose in the trailer ride up there.