New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D

/ New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D #1  

nazeer4

Tractor
Yanmar Fx20D
Hi, I just bought bought used Yanmar FX20D with 417 hours from a used tractor dealer. It seems to work fine except that back-hitch lift is not going down. I think this is mostly me not knowing lots of knobs and controls in the tractor. Can some one please help me understand all the controls on this tractor. Thank you so much for your help.

/ New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D #2  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to our Yanmar section to see if someone over there can offer advice.

/ New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D #3  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to our Yanmar section to see if someone over there can offer advice.

That round Knurled knob just under the front of the seat controls the rate of drop of the 3pt hitch when the 3pt control lever is depressed downward. If that knob is tightened down, no drop. Try turning the knob counterclockwise, at least on my Yannie, and the drop rate should increase. Geo.

/ New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D #4  
welcome to the yanmar group.
I'm Not sure about controls on the fx models. FX are the so called newer models. Maybe a member with one of these can advise you as to where all the controls are and what functions they control. I have an older model.

/ New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D #5  
Welcome aboard nazeer4!

On the older YM Yanmars that big knob under the front of the seat can be closed to choke off the 3-point's return hydraulic line, so the implement remains raised so long as it is closed. Normal working position is wide open and a smaller 'drop rate valve' with a little T-handle is on the side of the transmission to adjust drop rate. i don't know if the later FX's have this separate drop rate valve, or the big knob is used for that purpose.

/ New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D #6  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Yep, that knob is the stop/slow return control. It regulates the speed of the drop. Mostly changed when going from light to heavy implements. The FX models do not have the little t-handle California spoke of.

Attachments

• 100_6509.jpg
    100_6509.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 316
   / New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D
Thank you all for your responses. Greatly appreciate it. I played with the knob California mentioned and tried to raise and drop the rear lift it didn't respond. BTW bucket works perfectly fine. I am going to take a picture of various controls I have on my tractor and seek your help to identify the functions of each. It is boiling down to two things that I don't understand. First is the slider bar right next to the slider bar that makes rear lift go up and down. There are two of those sliders next to each other. I understand the purpose of one but don't know the second one.
The second control is a lever with a little black ball on the handle. That level is able to go up and down (only tow positions). Is that for LOW and HIGH speeds? there is a Japanese label on it but I can't understand it.

/ New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D #8  
Is the dealer you bought it from any help ? Did you buy as is ?

/ New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D
I am meeting the dealer Friday. It is a long trip and I am hoping to avoid it if it is mainly because of my lack of knowledge

/ New Tractor Owner Yanmar FX20D #10  
Your FX lift control lever has a draft control lever just to the left of it. It is designed only to be used with a cable that attaches to a tiller. If interested you can search Mickey_Fx threads and see how it works. However, I am thinking if you have that draft lever all the way back it might stop your lift from lowering. Could be the other way around. I can't remember. Just play with it a little. If that doesn't work and your stop valve is open then something must be hung up.

I have to ask, are you from London, England?