Wheels for a Yanmar 147D

/ Wheels for a Yanmar 147D #1  

richriddle

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 with LA853 Loader, Yanmar YM276D with YFL1000 Loader, Yanmar YM276D, Yanmar YM147D, Case 1845C
I have a Yanmar 147D with turf tires/wheels but also agricultural tires. They are the proper size for the Yanmar 147D Ag tires of 5 x 12, and 8 x 16 rear. Does anyone know where one can purchase the appropriate ag wheels for the YM147D? I might try Hoye.

Yanmar.jpg

/ Wheels for a Yanmar 147D
Winston,

Thank you for the response. I sent Gjamtrac a message through the TbN forum.

Just so you know, Gary Jamieson came through with having wheels manufactured. Here they are installed on the YM147D. He's a wealth of information, and the Yanmar gets through the yard much faster.

147 Wheels.jpg 147 Front.jpg

/ Wheels for a Yanmar 147D #5  
Did he have these made for you or did he find something that fit. Bet they set you back alittle. I noticed your 2x4's.;)

Did he have these made for you or did he find something that fit. Bet they set you back alittle. I noticed your 2x4's.;)
My "Lincoln Log" seating is a bit embarrassing but works. Gary has two sources for the wheels and the ones on the tractor are from the better company. Yes they were not inexpensive but if one plans to keep the tractor for a long time, it's fine. He has the exact specs and they fit just like they were from the factory. Pay once; cry once. My experience is that it's cheaper to buy the exact fit product than repeatedly ordering an inferior product or trying to make something work not designed to work.

/ Wheels for a Yanmar 147D #8  
Im a new owner of a 147d & wondered about the posibility of finding a set of used ag wheels/tires for my machine. It has the turfs on now but I also want a complete set of ags which i can switch back & forth between sets without having to dismount/remount tires when i want one or the other. Altho new would be nice, is there such a thing as a yanmar graveyard somewhere that you can find wheels?.... A more important question hopefully one of you can shed some light on for me is... which way are the rear hubs supposed to be facing? The bolts w/springs facing inside the rear wheel, or are the springs/bolts supposed to be on the outside of the wheel? If you look at the pictures in this thread i see them both ways. In my manual, it appears they are facing outside. Does it matter?

/ Wheels for a Yanmar 147D #9  
Im a new owner of a 147d & wondered about the posibility of finding a set of used ag wheels/tires for my machine. It has the turfs on now but I also want a complete set of ags which i can switch back & forth between sets without having to dismount/remount tires when i want one or the other. Altho new would be nice, is there such a thing as a yanmar graveyard somewhere that you can find wheels?.... A more important question hopefully one of you can shed some light on for me is... which way are the rear hubs supposed to be facing? The bolts w/springs facing inside the rear wheel, or are the springs/bolts supposed to be on the outside of the wheel? If you look at the pictures in this thread i see them both ways. In my manual, it appears they are facing outside. Does it matter?
every picture I've seen in the manual shows the hub with springs facing out. There's also 3 position holes in the axle for a pin to go through. Along with the two tension bolts. Can't see that there should any moment in the hub of everything is tight.

/ Wheels for a Yanmar 147D #10  
every picture I've seen in the manual shows the hub with springs facing out. There's also 3 position holes in the axle for a pin to go through. Along with the two tension bolts. Can't see that there should any moment in the hub of everything is tight.

I figured out the "slop" issue today. Both sides flange bolts/springs needed to be tightened which wasnt that bad actually. Where the real problem was, on the left side hub, the pin had been replaced by a much narrower bolt then the pin diameter is. Apparently at some point in time, before my ownership, the stock pin was either broken somehow, or misplaced with the bolt (backyard mechanics at its best). Since ive researched the correct way its supposed to be assembled (& determined it was all backwards), i had to take it all apart anyway. Now i just need to find & order the correct pin & i'll fix it correctly this time. In the meantime, i can get the hubs blasted up & repainted nicely so im ready to get it back in service. Anyone know who stocks the pin? & I also need 2 set screws (m8 bolt) for the main drive line yoke. I noticed one missing & the other scabbed together with a long bolt & a bunch of washers (same hack mechanic im sure). My local yanmar dealer tells me to order them in will be $27 each. INSANITY!! Any suggestions where i can get these small little items at a REASONABLE cost?