Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #1  

Jtullis13

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2210D & YM 155D
. I am also looking at a Green 1500d. It has 786 hours on it. I know this probably isn't an accurate hour reading, just what he told me. Guy says it runs great with no known issuers. It's 6 hrs from me so I haven't seen it. The pictures make it look pretty nice. I'm not sure what it's worth. I know a red one refurbished is $5100. So know sure what this green one is worth and I have some ideas of the differences between the red and green, but don't know all of them, or if it's worth buying a green 1500d?.... Or look for a red one? Any input would be appreciated. Also does the green 1500d have a foot throttle?

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #2  
My guess would be up to $3k depending on condition.

Call Hoye and ask if the green 1500's are supported. I think thy are.

Foot throttle kit was optional and would be easy to duplicate if its not on there. But I find it pretty useless. Too much bouncing in my normal driving.

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #3  
. I am also looking at a Green 1500d. It has 786 hours on it. I know this probably isn't an accurate hour reading, just what he told me. Guy says it runs great with no known issuers. It's 6 hrs from me so I haven't seen it. The pictures make it look pretty nice. I'm not sure what it's worth. I know a red one refurbished is $5100. So know sure what this green one is worth and I have some ideas of the differences between the red and green, but don't know all of them, or if it's worth buying a green 1500d?.... Or look for a red one? Any input would be appreciated. Also does the green 1500d have a foot throttle?

3K would be about right if all checks out ok. Ken Sweet

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d
Thanks fellas. I don't think he will take any less than $3,500. To me that's a little high but not a deal breaker. If it had a FEL then I would jump all over it. I know that the axle housing is different in the green model, and maybe gear ratios, but that's all I know of for sure and didn't know if the axle housing was a big deal or not. Also the clutch housing is steel vs cast?? Anyways let me know if there's any cons of the green model.
Gonna try to look at it this weekend if I can.

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #5  
Unless its in really good shape $3500 would be top dollar I would think.

It appears to be in excellent shape from the pictures. I didn't know if the green model is worth buying or not.

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #7  
I didn't know if the green model is worth buying or not.
Yanmar pretty much got everything right by the time they released that model. You aren't missing anything compared to the red version, it will work the same.

It might take a few more hours to replace brakes but that's not a significant difference in usability. So long as Hoye says it is generally supported there's no practical difference you would notice.

Thanks California. I know that the green has stamped steel vs cast on the red model, but I don't know if that will make much of a difference. Wish is had a FEL but I don't necessarily need one, just nice to have one on it is all.

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #9  
it probably would make it lighter with a stamped steel housing, and maybe not as durable but I think it would still be plenty durable for your needs. Like California said if Hoye gives it a thumbs up I would not worry too much about it.

Well I never got a chance to look at that green yanmar 1500D. I just hope it's still there later this week. Does anyone know where you can get a bulldog or VTEC loader for this tractor?? I would like to get the Koyker 80, but also know that will cost around $3,500. Anyone here have any suggestions on the loader for this?