Loader BullDog 285 FEL on YM1700

/ BullDog 285 FEL on YM1700 #11  
When I had the granny cabin rented to a college student, there was always the possibility of some yahoo guest going "I drove a tractor once. Hold my beer and watch this!" so I added this chain to discourage mischief when I wasn't there. Caption under the next to last picture.

LOL I missed it. Just saw the chain said WTH ?

/ BullDog 285 FEL on YM1700 #12  
I never had a significant problem with the city-born kids from the local university who wanted to enjoy a year of rural living as part of finishing their education.

But I had previously owned rentals in the city and had a few real horror stores there. 1) Tenant calls, says Do Something! He found a drunk who puked and passed out in the back seat of his car when he went out to drive to work. We learned a supremely ugly woman who had moved in without my permission to share with a tenant, had been corresponding with a felon in prison who after release came to see her and turned out to be the drunk in the car. 2) Do Something! Call Child Protective Services! Lady went tweaker after she lost her job, told me she had stripped bare the little bush outside her door for switches to teach her 3 year old proper manners. CPS took the kid, and I think she was already in their system. There's more, but here's a cute one: Young kid from the boonies came to the city to go to A/C tech school. He disappeared, I assume he flunked out. After no rent paid and neighbors said he was gone, I went in and found the place spotless and found he had done a flawless repaint of the entire apartment - I assume as a well-intentioned apology for being unable to pay the rent.

So when I rented out the ranch's granny cabin to assure someone was here at all times, I prepared for the what-if possibilities. Hence that chain. But I never had anything happen here more serious than guests parking blocking my access, etc, just normal tenant stuff. I finally ran out of patience when the last tenant moved in then soon informed me she had come to the country to live in solitude to write the Separatist Lesbian Manifesto, and didn't want me to be visible to her. She hadn't expected I would be around, and seeing me upset her. Sorry Lady. I don't care about your politics but I'm not going to change anything to make you happy. We had gotten along fine with the 3 previous single women who had rented, not going to change anything for this nut. She lasted a year, an uncomfortable year. Ok, enough! :)

/ BullDog 285 FEL on YM1700 #13  
Shovelrider I hope my off-topic stuff isn't too much of a distraction! I'm back at the ranch but it was raining so I was stuck inside.

The rain ended and I went out and took these final photos for you showing the front of the loader chassis. It seems to be designed heavy to prevent the loader from being wracked out of square, and this beat-up loader still seems to be geometrically flawless even after I've lifted (tried to lift) weight beyond its capacity bearing only on the outer corner of the bucket.

Note again that upper chassis crossmember is low enough to allow opening the hood to/beyond where it will balance upright. It would be easy to overlook that, then need a prop every time the hood is opened.

View attachment 505625 View attachment 505626

/ BullDog 285 FEL on YM1700 #14  
I never had a significant problem with the city-born kids from the local university who wanted to enjoy a year of rural living as part of finishing their education.

But I had previously owned rentals in the city and had a few real horror stores there. 1) Tenant calls, says Do Something! He found a drunk who puked and passed out in the back seat of his car when he went out to drive to work. We learned a supremely ugly woman who had moved in without my permission to share with a tenant, had been corresponding with a felon in prison who after release came to see her and turned out to be the drunk in the car. 2) Do Something! Call Child Protective Services! Lady went tweaker after she lost her job, told me she had stripped bare the little bush outside her door for switches to teach her 3 year old proper manners. CPS took the kid, and I think she was already in their system. There's more, but here's a cute one: Young kid from the boonies came to the city to go to A/C tech school. He disappeared, I assume he flunked out. After no rent paid and neighbors said he was gone, I went in and found the place spotless and found he had done a flawless repaint of the entire apartment - I assume as a well-intentioned apology for being unable to pay the rent.

So when I rented out the ranch's granny cabin to assure someone was here at all times, I prepared for the what-if possibilities. Hence that chain. But I never had anything happen here more serious than guests parking blocking my access, etc, just normal tenant stuff. I finally ran out of patience when the last tenant moved in then soon informed me she had come to the country to live in solitude to write the Separatist Lesbian Manifesto, and didn't want me to be visible to her. She hadn't expected I would be around, and seeing me upset her. Sorry Lady. I don't care about your politics but I'm not going to change anything to make you happy. We had gotten along fine with the 3 previous single women who had rented, not going to change anything for this nut. She lasted a year, an uncomfortable year. Ok, enough! :)
That is a good one!!

I would of told that wack job she was free to leave and I would even let her out of her lease early if she wanted to go!!

/ BullDog 285 FEL on YM1700 #15  
My rental terms were even simpler, pay damage deposit plus last month in advance, leave when you want. But - rental is to graduating seniors only and I need the cabin next summer for my kids and guests, so must depart next June after graduation. This got me brighter tenants than average, met my need for someone on site, and no hassle next summer when I needed it back.

But after that experience I decided that was enough. College kids respect an on-site landlord same as they do parents, no problem, until I encountered this nut.