Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #1  

treedawg

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Yanmar YM2000
Purchased the fuse box conversion kit from Hoye.

FUSE BOX CONVERSION - CONVERT TO NORMAL BLADE FUSES!: Yanmar Tractor Parts

I was torn between it and the generic replacement for about 1/4 the cost from Amazon or Ebay.

I'm glad I purchased the kit from Hoye. It was direct fit and was shipped with clear instructions.

I had to remove the fuel tank but that wasn't that difficult.

td

Last edited:
   / Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #2  
I did the later route. I have an install post somewhere on here. It does make a cleaner look and looks neater. And uou can get the fuses at the gas station or auto parts place or walmart if you need them

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight
You installed a generic fuse panel..??

How bad was it to install..??

I can be painfully but I already had an order going with Hoye so I added the fuse panel conversion to my order.

I really want to add the LED headlight conversion but I can't bring myself to pay $100.00 since I rarely use the headlights anyway.

td

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #4  
Yea I ordered one off eBay for like $2.50. It's the exact same thing. I just had to supply my own connectors and source my own bolts to bolt it down. It was no harder to install than the one you put in. There basically the exact same.

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #6  
still have the yanmar original. Never had a reason to replace mine

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight

The electrical wiring was jacked up on my tractor and a couple of the old fuses were blown.

The ignition switch wasn't properly connected, none of the dummy lights nor driving lights operated. I didn't even have power to the fuse block.

I wanted to modernize as I corrected issues created from past hack mechanics.

Even the horn works now which will come in handy if I ever find myself stuck behind a slower tractor :)

td

Last edited:
   / Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #8  

Mine had solder wrapped around the screws for fuses. Those vibrated in two and stuff would sometimes work and sometimes not. Then I ordered the right fuses from Hoye but they were to long and they were bunched up in the middle. I didn't like how that looked, so I changed it out.

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #10  
my fuse box is pretty much hidden. I really never see it unless I'm looking for it.
Fuse block has a cover over the fuses. Pop the cover off to replace the old tube fuses