Hyd. pump whine

/ Hyd. pump whine #1  

shovelrider

Silver Member
Tractor
YM1700 w / fel
I know i've seen it somewhere on here, but can't seem to find it. And i think Winston posted a picture of the way the fel pressure relief line should run. On my 1700, i have the lines ran like Hoyte suggested(cut into the high-press. side). My thing is that when i set my 3pt lever all the way up, i have to back lever off some in order to stop the high pitch sound. Also, i have some hyd. fluid coming out from around the gear selector(shifter) rubber(at times, not alot). Should there be a press.relief line coming from the fel valve back to the 3pt valve or where should it go? I can't find a plug no where close to the filler cap. My Shibaura sd1603 has this done to it, but where would this be done on my ym1700? First 2 pics is the 1603 set-up(no whining sound), the line w/yellow tie on the 1603 goes back to the trans.. But i don't have a line from fel valve one on the 1700 and it whines almost always. I did just see a bolt on trans. right behind the gear indicator block in front of 3pt. valve knob under seat. Thanx Jim

Attachments

• IMG_20170414_160812_499.jpg
    IMG_20170414_160812_499.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20170410_104137_662.jpg
    IMG_20170410_104137_662.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20160412_101224_401.jpg
    IMG_20160412_101224_401.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 153
  • backhoe ym1700 015.jpg
    backhoe ym1700 015.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:
   / Hyd. pump whine #2  
O-Ring around the base of the shifter cover and made sure all by vents were open. That stopped mine to a drip or so every Tach. Hr. or so. And on the 3Pt. I believe I went over this before. The adj. to stop the arms from not being able to hit The frame or can't raise any higher is at the very bottom fender. That is what you Adj. to relieve the pressure to the 3pt. Hyd. valve. That's how it works on my 2000 FWIW. I guess your right clemsonfor I guess I need to brake down and wash it. This is a Old pic. so it's been awhile since I've done it. Yrs....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
   / Hyd. pump whine #3  
You cant put it all the way in the up position because I think it keeps trying to raise the arms higher and thus you keep the relieve valve open from the pressure increase. You can overheat the fluid if this is whats happening. Keep it just under the top position like your doing.

/ Hyd. pump whine #4  
#58 here is your feedback rod. It needs to be adjusted. Your lift piston is bottoming out right now causing the relief valve to go off. Properly adjusted the feedback rod will stop the lift before this happens. THREE_POINT_LIFT: Yanmar Tractor Parts

/ Hyd. pump whine
Rodger that, will look at that tomorrow. In the first picture from clemsonfor, that little adj. rod is in the same place as mine. I think that is for speed control, correct?

/ Hyd. pump whine #6  
Rodger that, will look at that tomorrow. In the first picture from clemsonfor, that little adj. rod is in the same place as mine. I think that is for speed control, correct?

Not following you. Carey posted pictures but don't see any from Clemsonfor. Wondering what little adj. rod you are referring too?

/ Hyd. pump whine
Carey i mean, your right. Didn't have bi-focals on. The rod that controls speed i guess, about 1.5" long that moves back/forth on leftside under seat

/ Hyd. pump whine #8  
Carey i mean, your right. Didn't have bi-focals on. The rod that controls speed i guess, about 1.5" long that moves back/forth on leftside under seat

Yes, it controls drop speed on the lift.

/ Hyd. pump whine #9  
I agree with Clemsonfor. If you keep your 3pt lever all the way back it will keep trying to keep the hydraulic flow going to the 3 point when it isn't needed. Thus can overheat the fluid and or increase the pressure in the 3pt piston which could also be detrimental to your hydraulic system/pump. Raise your 3pt to where you want it and let off the lever a touch to stop the flow.

/ Hyd. pump whine #10  
If you are getting seepage around the shifter dust cover check the "U" shaped vent, (#8 in winston's pic), for being clogged, either that or trans overfilled. There should be no pressure in trans.