Help!!!! Yanmar 1601D Injection pump not pumping from one cylinder!

/ Help!!!! Yanmar 1601D Injection pump not pumping from one cylinder! #1  

jbiusti

Tractor
Yanmar 1601D
Hello everyone!

I have just picked up a Yanmar 1601d about a month ago. Previously the tractor had been sitting for about ten years or so. So I brought it home cleaned the tank out, changed my fuel lines/filter, cleaned injectors, and changed fluids. I have the tractor running but only off two cylinders. So after removing the fuel lines from the injectors i have determined the number one cylinder in the injection pump is not pumping the way it should. Very little to no fuel coming out of the fuel line. I have the injection pump removed from the tractor to try to clean but I have no clue where to start on disassembly of the pump. The tractor only has 1,092 hours on it and the hours meter does work so I feel sure the pump just has some carbon build up from sitting and what not. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

/ Help!!!! Yanmar 1601D Injection pump not pumping from one cylinder! #2  
There is a "sticky" that shows the repair procedure.. I think its under Mahindra..

/ Help!!!! Yanmar 1601D Injection pump not pumping from one cylinder!
I "sticky" ? Not following you. Where can you find that? And thanks for the reply.

/ Help!!!! Yanmar 1601D Injection pump not pumping from one cylinder! #4  
This is the yanmar section. Go to the Manihandra section. "Stickies" are at the top of the forum and are "stuck" there and stay there cause there pinned. There must be a repair procedure for the pump since he says to go there to find it.

Ok thanks. But would that pump be universal to the injection pump on the 1601d Yanmar? Thanks

/ Help!!!! Yanmar 1601D Injection pump not pumping from one cylinder! #6  
He knows more than me, but there are just a few kinds of pumps, there all very similar. ..think the old school fuel pumps that were driven off a trucks engine. They all looked very similar and did the same thing. It either could be a very similar design or maybe Manihandra copied the yanmar design or the style they used. But if a guy who's screen name is "thepumpguy" says you can find it there I would take his word for it.

Ok and yes I am new to the site so not great on navigating through yet to find the "stickys". Hopefully I can find something out thanks again for the help. And nice to see some local folks on here as well I'm located next door to you over in Laurens county. Go Tigers!

/ Help!!!! Yanmar 1601D Injection pump not pumping from one cylinder! #8  
My wife has a favorite cousin over on Lake Murray. Can I play too? :)

/ Help!!!! Yanmar 1601D Injection pump not pumping from one cylinder! #9  
The info is in the Kioti section.. something about no start/stuck rack or broken gear teeth.. I think its in the "register you tractor" section in the stickys..
the injection pumps are not interchangeable but the same type.. it shows the disassembly, fix & reassembly..
THAT should lead you down the right path.. or get you started enough to really mess things up.??
I'm not proficient at the computer so I don't know how to post the "link" to it..

Ok thanks I will check there as well. I have a relative who is a Yanmar. The injection pump on his is the same or same concept so I also had him send some screen shots of his manual over to me on the subject. Also if any of you all have any advice on how to clean these things and what to use that'd be much appreciated?? Not sure what to use and what I should use to somewhat lube it up. Thanks