Pallet forks

/ Pallet forks #2  
   / Pallet forks #3  
been wanting a set for some time. I bought these 15lbs capacity Clamp on Pallet Forks Loader Bucket Skidsteer Tractor chain NEW | eBaytonight. we'll see
You'll love them. It's so much easier to just keep stuff on pallets and move as needed. (Photo).

One consideration: I bought the forks in my photo after determining the depth of the throat was short enough to fit that not-very-deep bucket. Then a couple of years later I bought a smaller Yanmar with loader that came with new forks that were hardly usable. The throats were too deep to mount the forks where they wouldn't wobble. The forks I already had for the first tractor (in the photo) fit that second tractor's bucket fine so I sold the second pair in as-new condition for 100% of new price. My point is be sure to compare the specified throat depth with the dimensions of your bucket!

Added: I found a photo showing how shallow the loader floor is on the YM186D before it curves upward. (Photo2). Next day after this photo I put the forks on this little guy and used them to move the debris and firewood.

You'll find all kinds of projects for them!

/ Pallet forks #4  
I use mine all the time too. But now my bucket is bent up badly and they sit cockeyed.

/ Pallet forks #5  
I use mine all the time too. But now my bucket is bent up badly and they sit cockeyed.

REAL forks to fit the loader (bucket removed) are the BEST!
If you do not need to lift high though, 3pt. forks are an excellent option (up to 42" high lift).
I also have a set of bucket curl forks, and they are great!
Solid steel bar (2" dia?) with free swinging forks.
Drive up to forks, curl bucket, pick up bar with forks.
Lifting weight is reduced, due to forks being out ahead of the bucket, but boy are they ever handy.
Never need to get off the tractor to hook up!

/ Pallet forks
Main reason I bought them is, at times I order things that are shipped by truck, and I pay about $100.00 for lift truck service. I was thinking I could use these forks to unload a regular truck (18 wheeler trailer) without paying that $100.00 xtra for lift gate.

Am I wrong for thinking I can use these forks to unload things from an 18 wheeler trailer ?

/ Pallet forks
You'll love them. It's so much easier to just keep stuff on pallets and move as needed. (Photo).

One consideration: I bought the forks in my photo after determining the depth of the throat was short enough to fit that not-very-deep bucket. Then a couple of years later I bought a smaller Yanmar with loader that came with new forks that were hardly usable. The throats were too deep to mount the forks where they wouldn't wobble. The forks I already had for the first tractor (in the photo) fit that second tractor's bucket fine so I sold the second pair in as-new condition for 100% of new price. My point is be sure to compare the specified throat depth with the dimensions of your bucket!

Added: I found a photo showing how shallow the loader floor is on the YM186D before it curves upward. (Photo2). Next day after this photo I put the forks on this little guy and used them to move the debris and firewood.

You'll find all kinds of projects for them!

I never though about measuring my bucket depth. I may have screwed up thinking there was some standard to these.

I guess if I screwed up and they won't fit, I can always modify them someway (cut, weld,etc,) to make them work with my loader

/ Pallet forks #8  
Main reason I bought them is, at times I order things that are shipped by truck, and I pay about $100.00 for lift truck service. I was thinking I could use these forks to unload a regular truck (18 wheeler trailer) without paying that $100.00 xtra for lift gate.

Am I wrong for thinking I can use these forks to unload things from an 18 wheeler trailer ?
Don't know how high your tractor can reach but they should assist well.

I like my clamp ons because they were inexpensive and I only occasionally need them. I've actually used them more (with a rope or chain) to move big piles of brush, sort of like a poor mans grapple.

/ Pallet forks
Don't know how high your tractor can reach but they should assist well.

I like my clamp ons because they were inexpensive and I only occasionally need them. I've actually used them more (with a rope or chain) to move big piles of brush, sort of like a poor mans grapple.

Haven't thought about using them as a Poor mans grapple. LOL . I have a bucket grapple. Maybe these will assist.

I mainly bought them to unload when something is shipped by 18 wheeler.

May have to build some sort of back stop when using these forks.

I started to purchase the 30'' forks ,but I had an old pallet that measured 42'' so I bought the longer forks

/ Pallet forks #10  
If the forks are for your 3110, its bucket will surely be deeper than the little (YM186D) Yanmar loader (another photo). Don't worry about it.

Yes these will be ideal for getting a pallet off an 18 wheeler, so long as the weight is reasonable. You will need a surprising amount of ballast on the back to make the tractor stable enough to back up safely with the weight up that high. (If it starts to pitch forward you won't have any side to side stability as soon as one rear tire lifts). Also I discovered with the forks on the front of the bucket there is too much leverage to use the curl function, it just squeals the bypass. You learn to set the front edge of the load on something to force a curl then lower the Lift to put negative force on the curl function before curling inward. (Unloading a semi, maybe stick a chunk of 4x4 under the front edge of the pallet and do this curl routine before lifting and backing away).

I had to replace my 30 year old loader control valve on the YM240 mostly because curl leaked down under this kind of load - the geometry was never designed to have so much weight that far forward.

Yes moving brush etc is simple with just the forks and maybe a tiedown rope in a few cases. Every year in the orchard I need to carry downed limbs or entire trees to the burn pile. The forks + a tiedown chain work perfectly for this.