FEL pressure measurement locations

/ FEL pressure measurement locations #21  
Let's recap....

You have a loader that was lifting very slow/weak.

You replaced the valve with a brand one (which seems to be a pretty popular aftermarket valve).

No change. Loader still lifts slow if at all.

Swapped hoses to curl side, loader works fine (but didn't test the lift spool on the curl.

Here is what we need to further assist....

Full valve part number. (Tells us weather Regen, float, spool position,open center vs closed, PB, etc.)

Then need a diagram of the valve and hose routing you have. Some pics would work.

Particularly, want to see if supply, return,and PB are booked up correctly, and lastly, if one of the spoons are Regen....to make sure you aren't trying to lift loader with that spool as it's meant for the curl.

The directions can get confusing with those valves. With multiple ways you can mount it, and adjusting the joystick to compensate.

What I think we have is an error during install. Valve orientation and joystick orientation not matched, or trying to use Regen spool for lift. Very unlikely that a new valve won't lift your loader. Even if the relief is set under 1000psi, cause most loaders only require 500-600psi to lift the frame + empty bucket

/ FEL pressure measurement locations #22  
"Are you referring to the spool cylinders in the control valve and holding the controller stick at full lift and tilt ?"

As far as I know any loader joy stick can be moved to up or down, curl or tilt and held there and the relief valve will go off when affected cylinders reach the end of their stroke. Asking if yours will do that?

/ FEL pressure measurement locations
Ben

Have you checked the pressure relief on the valve "similar to the valve that came with the loader".
The adjustment is under cover cap.
Sometimes they are set "very light". Just a usual manufacturing variable.

Remove cover, loosen lock nut, screw the adjuster in three or four turns and see what happens. I had a new "Prince" three spool valve with the pressure relief set to less than 1k psi as supplied.

Talk about poor lifting...;-)

There may be some "issues" with the power beyond and return to tank line installation as well.

You really should draw yourself a picture of how EVERY HOSE AND LINE IS CONNECTED TO THAT VALVE.
It\s easy to get lines crossed.

The new valve was preset to 2000 PSI. I don't have a pressure gauge to adjust it.

/ FEL pressure measurement locations #24  
It appears you have 2 bad lift control valves. 1 worse than the other.

/ FEL pressure measurement locations #25  
Valve part #?
Hose routing diagram?
Pics?

Here's what I have - hope it's large enough to read.

Valve_definitions.jpg
HoseConnect.jpg
Operator.JPG

/ FEL pressure measurement locations #27  
I assume the old loader valve didn't have power beyond? How is the 3ph fed on that tractor? Was there only the 6 hoses on the old valve also?

Is a1 and b1 hooked to lift or curl?
What is the full model number of the valve? (Might be on the red tag if you can take a close up clear shot of that)

No power beyond on old valve and hose connections were the same as the new valve.
The model # on the tag is LV22RFSTKAB, but I see references to the valve as
LV22RFSTKAB 9-7401. B1 and A1 are bucket controls, B1 : curl and A1: dump. (shown
in bottom of 1st pic).

/ FEL pressure measurement locations #29  
I'd pop the rubber boots off and make sure the lift spool is actually travelling the full distance.

I'll check that. Curiously, i haven't run the hose swap test with the new valve, The old valve's relief setting was 2300 psi and the new valve
comes preset at 2000 psi. If by chance the valve's relief was wrongly preset to something considerably lower, it might account for it's poor
lift capability.