Remove FX32 hood

/ Remove FX32 hood #1  

Peterchris

Tractor
Yanmar FX32D
I have a Yanmar FX32, and need to replace the battery. The side panels of the hood come off easily. And I see the two bolts that hold the rear of the top panel. But where the top panel is fastened near the radiator I can feel three bolts underneath the front edge. One turns, but doesn't loosen, so there seems to be a hidden nut over it. Do I have to remove the front plastic grill that hides the radiator?

Thanks,
Peter

/ Remove FX32 hood #2  
Not particularly familiar with the FX32 but I don't think you should have to remove the hood to replace the battery.

/ Remove FX32 hood
The arm for the bucket is in the way. If it's difficult to remove the hood I could probably reconnect the battery, jump-start the engine, raise the bucket, and slide out the battery, but if I can get the hood off easily I'd rather do it that way.

/ Remove FX32 hood
The battery has a built-in handle, so lifting it isn't a problem. Sounds like that top panel of the hood is not designed to be removed easily.

/ Remove FX32 hood #6  
Just remove the front grill, that's easy. The top of the hood has the 3 nuts welded to the bottom in the front, but I don't think you need to remove it.
The grill is the way to go..

/ Remove FX32 hood #7  
My 276D has a brace between the loader arms that runs in front of the grill. Mine is rigged so that I can pull 2 pins and swing the brace forward. This allows the hood to open more. It's not ideal, but it is quick.