Yanmar injection pump modifications

/ Yanmar injection pump modifications
I made a jig to drill & lighten the weights on Kubota governors. Also used heavier spring. I would start there first before hooking directly to rack, you will have idle problems.

We were turning more than 5000 with 30-45 lbs of boost. Never saw a Kubota scatter myself, Yanmars not so much but with direct injection we are talking insane power & torque. Course stock parts will not work here. There are videos of these tractors on the internet.

I done some experimenting yesterday and I lightened the wieghts some and I tacked it at 4,700 and I can still back the idle screw down to kill it so there is still some room to work with. I tried to drill them but they seem to be extremely hard. That or my drills are junk. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find a stiffer spring for it. I've about come to the conclusion that I need a smaller turbo as well. I think a GT-12 would be perfect

/ Yanmar injection pump modifications #22  
Heres an idea> is it possible to remove 2 fly weights?? the weights are there to PULL BACK the fuel as the speed rises..
Removing the weights w/ eliminate that action.. but as stated previously, there will be idle problems..
IF removing weights, its best to do in pairs, keeping the "balance".. I don't know how many are in your engine but I know in inj. pumps, they run 2, 4 or 6.. always opposite each other.. 2 are across from each other.. 4, there are 2 on each side & 6 fill the cage..
Just a thought.. sounds like fun..

Heres an idea> is it possible to remove 2 fly weights?? the weights are there to PULL BACK the fuel as the speed rises..
Removing the weights w/ eliminate that action.. but as stated previously, there will be idle problems..
IF removing weights, its best to do in pairs, keeping the "balance".. I don't know how many are in your engine but I know in inj. pumps, they run 2, 4 or 6.. always opposite each other.. 2 are across from each other.. 4, there are 2 on each side & 6 fill the cage..
Just a thought.. sounds like fun..

I just walked back in the house and we have surpassed our goal gents, my laser tachometer read 5,427 rpm with the modified wieghts! It was floating the valves so I turned it down to 5,200. This engine has four and I've considered removing two of them if lightning them didn't get me where I wanted, I have a pull tomorrow evening and I'll be sure to post the results. I want to thank you all for the help so far, I was completely in the dark on this one and would probably still be lol. More modifications to come!

/ Yanmar injection pump modifications #24  
I am interested to see as well. Any chance of a video and post it to youtube??:drool:

I am interested to see as well. Any chance of a video and post it to youtube??:drool:

I don't know if it's worth showing off yet or not it's nine kinds of ugly lol, yeah I'll put something up.

/ Yanmar injection pump modifications #26  
K don't care what the tractor looks like! I want to see it rolling coal and see if it holds togeather.

Any body know a good water injection kit for an engine this size? I kind of like the snow performance stage 1 kit but it may be too much, just pondering thoughts

/ Yanmar injection pump modifications #29  
cool! Thanks for the video. This thing Is smaller than I thought it was. Love hearing that turbo spool up!

How much more fuel does this thing use than in grass mowing duty?

Looks like that first time you had more than a full pull!

cool! Thanks for the video. This thing Is smaller than I thought it was. Love hearing that turbo spool up!

How much more fuel does this thing use than in grass mowing duty?

Looks like that first time you had more than a full pull!

It's still very easy on fuel I've only put fuel in it 5 times since i built it and I think the tank holds 1/2 gallon. I've got another pulling tractor with a highly modified v twin that drinks almost a gallon of methanol in one pass.