3-Point Hitch Tiller hitting wheels

/ Tiller hitting wheels #11  
Looking good!

One comment - my 'bridge' - my name for that special adapter - came with bolts instead of pins to secure it to the tractor. That fixed part on the tractor takes a beating from the torque of the tiller and the holes there tend to get elongated after much use. Bolts snugged down eliminate the slop. But for occasional use this is probably irrelevant, it would be significant only in commercial service.

I hadn't thought of that (bolting the triangular plate) but it certainly makes sense. Thanks for the heads-up.

/ Tiller hitting wheels #12  
Yup! In the Pics. I posted before. I can almost guarantee this is the way it rolled of the boat. It came from Fredricks. I'm sure that is what the #'s came from. The bolts also have bushings to help lock it up so it can be easily tightened and removed/installed.

Attachments

• Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 76
   / Tiller hitting wheels #13  
I had that problem when I went to attach a Yanmar RS1200 rototiller to my Kubota B7510HST.
I removed the lower arms and replaced them with the longer arms from my 1964 MF135.
Added a new pto shaft and slip clutch.
Good luck.

Attachments

• Kubota rototill-1.JPG
    Kubota rototill-1.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Kubota rototiller shaft.JPG
    Kubota rototiller shaft.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 131
   / Tiller hitting wheels #14  
My RS1400 sure worked great with the factory setup, which is a bigger tiller. Maybe being a kbota was the reason. It was close to the rear wheels but with the correct top link it moved out away from the rears then up when lifting it. I shortened a drive shaft so I had two if I didn't want to remove the overrun clutch. Never needed a slip clutch. If I ever hit anything the Tiller always rolled up, It and the tractor forward with no overrun. And I buried that sucker!! My late 60 yr. old mother loved it...

Attachments

• Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Picture 052.jpg
    Picture 052.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
   / Tiller hitting wheels #15  
I guess I would be modifying the tiller to more standard 3pt dimensions.