Replacement seat for my 135D??

/ Replacement seat for my 135D??
Do you have any photos or links to an original 135D seat? Thanks

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #12  
If we closer I have the original seat off my 147D you could have. Don't know if it fit. It was in good condition just wanted something "new and improved" .

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #13  
if there is plywood its not original. The originals had a metal pan under it with upholstery/vinyl and foam. Had a low curving back.

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #15  
And I should have mentioned this but my replacement seat that came on my tractor has a tear in it, starting at the drain hole and going to one of the sides. The thing never sits out in the sun. The little bit its in the open I tilt the seat forward and usually will tarp the drivers area, gauges and the hydraulic top of the tractor. And I have only put 120 or so hours by the yanmar gauge on it in the last 9 years.

/ Replacement seat for my 135D??
OK, dug around on the seat and took the attached photos. It tilts forward and looks like the frame was adapted from something else. Or, if the frame is right, the seat cushions were adapted from something else. You are right, it is not original. It is old but not original. Does anyone have a pic of an original seat and also the seat support? Is my frame original? This frame was set up for a two piece seat with the back being able to pivot to the back for convenience. If not, I think I will buy a new seat bottom for now and install it and enjoy it. Comments?? Thanks 20171002_155543.jpg20171002_155605.jpg20171002_155637.jpg20171002_155703.jpg20171002_155908.jpg

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #17  
I need to replace the seat on my 71 Yanmar 135D. Are there any original style replacements or what would you suggest?
I think that seat is at least as good as what came on there, and it's worth rebuilding as needed.

What I have seen on Yanmars is that hinge pin across the front of the seat, and the seat pan supported only by springs directly beneath your hips. (springs attached on top of the differential, not attached to the seat pan). Then just a simple curved one-piece seat pan/back. I think the littlest Yanmars had a low rise seat back no higher than your jeans pocket, maybe including this model? All that other structure you have under there seems to be something a previous owner fabricated.

Was that '71 model' a typo? It's around 1979-81, that external air cleaner on the left wasn't used before then.

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #18  
135 seat.

Attachments

• 135-155_37.gif
    135-155_37.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 79
   / Replacement seat for my 135D?? #19  
That seat frame , although cobbled together, looks very serviceable. If mine I would just rebuild it, otherwise you would have to re re-invent the wheel. to accomodate another seat. Looks like they had to bend the 3ph lift lever to make it fit.

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #20  
yep no doubt about it that thing is NOT original, not with all that's going on in there! It must weigh a ton with all that 2" square tubing and stuff! But I agree, id get some new wood and 4" dense foam or whatever works and some outdoor sunbrella fabric and a new piece of treated ply or normal CDX if you keep inside and bolt the wood and glue the foam to it and stretch and staple your fabric onto it. Even the Chinese seats would not come out any cheaper than that. and would not be near as comfortable as what you have.