YM336D Overheating?

/ YM336D Overheating? #1  

MJBilbo

Tractor
Yanmar 336D
My 336D has been having issues lately. Will start and run for about 15 minutes and then the rpm's will die down to almost nothing and the engine will quit. Will not restart or if it does on occasion it will barely run at an idle but if I put it in gear will die again. Have not been able to figure out what is going on with it except maybe it is overheating. Perhaps the thermostat is not opening. Does this sound like the problem to any of you that are much more experienced than I am? If so, What thermostat does it use and where do you find one? Thanks for the suggestions

/ YM336D Overheating? #2  
First and simplest thing to check is: see if the fuel filler cap is so tight that air can't get in to replace the fuel that was used.

/ YM336D Overheating?
Can check this today for sure. Is this something that can create the above mentioned problem? I have always tightened it down fairly snug as I didn't want the fuel to slosh out when I was driving it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a go and report here if it worked!

Mike

/ YM336D Overheating?
I have searched the threads on this forum looking for a source for a fix to a trans problem. I am missing either 2nd or 3rd gear depending on how you look at it. Looking through the inspection plate you can see that teeth are missing from the gear. I have not been able to find a solution to fix this issue. If you have seen such a thread I would appreciate the recommendation

Mike

/ YM336D Overheating? #6  
It it's not over heating, when is the last time you checked /changed the fuel filter ?
I have to clean water out of mine on a regular basis

/ YM336D Overheating? #7  
Have you tried finding a replacement gear at all the Yanmar used parts dealers?

/ YM336D Overheating?
It it's not over heating, when is the last time you checked /changed the fuel filter ?
I have to clean water out of mine on a regular basis

Changed the fuel filter about 12 hours of run time ago.

/ YM336D Overheating?
I have googled yanmar parts a good number of times. Found one set of gears in So Carolina a few years back but they wanted nearly $2k for the set and just didn't have the money to spend on that at the time.

/ YM336D Overheating? #10  
my yanmar has run some with the temp light on, but has never gotten hot enough to seize the engine.
If that's what's happening, it ain't good !