YM240 3PH WON'T STAY UP

/ YM240 3PH WON'T STAY UP #1  

LostCornerKid

YM240 3PH WON\'T STAY UP

I have been working on my father's YM240 in my free time. I started with some small electrical stuff, then the brakes, etc. We all know how these things go. I am now trying to fix the 3PH...for years we have had to use a bungee cord on the hand control to keep it in the up position, otherwise it falls. I have removed the control that will lock the 3PH in place to check the O-Ring, but the O-Ring is still in one piece. The hand control had a spring that was used to tighten the control, but it is maxed out. I have considered replacing it, but I don't know if that is the cause of the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

/ YM240 3PH WON'T STAY UP #2  
Re: YM240 3PH WON\'T STAY UP

I had the same problem with my 1500 when I first got it. I discovered that the problem was a nylon washer that set between the lever and the slotted plate. That washer had worn into the slot and was no longer exerting pressure on the plate no matter how tight the screw & spring was. I replaced that washer and it worked like a champ.

Does that 240 of yours have factory ROPS on it? If so, would you be willing to take pictures of the ROPS and how it is attached to the tractor? That YM240 is similar to my 1500.

/ YM240 3PH WON'T STAY UP
Re: YM240 3PH WON\'T STAY UP

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I won't have time this weekend to take a look at it, but will get to it next week.

Sorry I can't help you out with the ROPS photos, it doesn't have a factory ROPS.