Tiller parts

/ Tiller parts #1  

OhioGuy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 1220, Case 245, Cub SZ60, Cub 2284
Hello,
Due to a serious cockpit error, I'm in need of the cross kit for the PTO shaft on a Yanmar 1301 tiller. It measures 1.045 across the bearing cup and 2 3/4 overall length. (Measure with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon and cut it with a chainsaw). I tried TSC and the local auto parts store without luck. Looked on Ebay, did a Google search and did find one place I could order it for $23 or so.

Any other suggestions beyond "Put down the crackpipe and pay attention to what you're doin"!

You know something simple like, it's the same as the universal in a 73 El Camino!

Thanks,
Curt

/ Tiller parts #2  
I pitch those in the dumpster when I break them. I order a shaft assembly from Agri Supply with guards for under $75 bucks shipped. That way I have a new shaft, new joints, and a shiny yellow plastic guard for safety! I haven't seen a grey market tiller power shaft yet that had a guard left on it.
Nick

/ Tiller parts
Thanks Nick,
I'll check them out. I would have bought the whole shaft today at TSC but the cheapest shaft they had was $129 or so.
I thought of cutting down the PTO on my Woods finish mower (Old RM59) and replacing it, the guard leave some shaft exposed so it would kinda be like upgrading two for one.

We have had such a wet spring I was really hoping to get some tilling done today, it just wasn't meant to be.

Thanks again and have a great summer!

Curt

/ Tiller parts #4  
Nick,
Here's one with the guard still on it. And yes it does have a label in Japanese, so I assume it to be original /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 439160-tiller1.JPG
    439160-tiller1.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 260
   / Tiller parts
Yea, but it's from the Ice Age!

How come them Yanmar tillers always look like they were built from surplus submarine parts.

Curt

/ Tiller parts #6  
Bullet proof as a submarine hull too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tiller parts #7  
Inspector, from the nice clean look of the guard I'd almost think it was a required add on prior to selling here so regulations could be met.

Egon

/ Tiller parts #8  
I'm not aware of any restrictions imposed on an imported Yanmar. If there were, none would be sold. No ROPS, seat belt, safety switches...etc.

/ Tiller parts #9  
I might have an extra driveshaft.
I assume this is the standard 2 point tiller with the real short shaft? See shaft wired to tiller is this picture.

/ Tiller parts #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( not aware of any restrictions imposed on an imported Yanmar)</font>

I never heard of any rules either, but the importer I visit occasionally now has brand new PTO shields on the back of 100% of his VN rebuilt tractors - Yanmar, Iseki, Mitsubishi, Hinomoto, everything.

The shields are backyard-built with the bolt holes torched rather than drilled, and made from sheet metal only one gauge heavier than an office desk, but there's also a proper warning decal on each shield.

Something forced this, safety rules or perhaps their insurance carrier. It would never occur to that importer to do it on his own.