a God-honest new Yanmar

/ a God-honest new Yanmar #1  

dpl96

Tractor
a 67 Cub LowBoy - would love to restore her. Also have a 2004 Kubota BX-23.
Is there such a beast as an honest new Yanmar tractor for the North American market - and if so where could one be found?

/ a God-honest new Yanmar
<font color="brown">One last thing about my question .......... I'm not talking about those refurbished models on EBAY either. Far too many of those look like they have been painted, new hoses slapped on and a new battery mounted and instantly - RERURBISHED TO NEW !!! </font>

/ a God-honest new Yanmar #3  
There was a report , with pictures, a year or so ago of someone running up on a brand new, (unused), 15 year old "F" series Yanmar, but that was a chance in a million and you are not likely to find one.

/ a God-honest new Yanmar #4  
   / a God-honest new Yanmar #5  
There are reports that there might be a few on the way. The first will be "crawler" or rubber tracked appx 50 to 80hp tractors but wheeled compact tractors will possibly follow. Could be interesting.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940) 438-0386

/ a God-honest new Yanmar #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There was a report , with pictures, a year or so ago of someone running up on a brand new, (unused), 15 year old "F" series Yanmar, but that was a chance in a million and you are not likely to find one. )</font>

Back on the yanmar yahoo sub.. before it moved over here, I also heard of a fellow that found a smaller domestic model still in a shipping crate at a defunct wharehouse or something.. small.. like a ym186 or something to that effect.
Like you said.. a one in a million chance deal there..
Boy.. you know I would be reaching for my checkbook if I saw something like that!

Soundguy

/ a God-honest new Yanmar #7  
A friend of mine who imports greys once got a 1610 or 1601 that had around 5 or 6 hours. When you see one that has been repainted, you can tell it from a new one. When you saw this one you knew that it was new tractor. When you looked under the hood there where still paper tags tied with cotton strings on the engine. I think he ended up selling it for $6500.

/ a God-honest new Yanmar #8  
Yanmar did have a warehouse with some new uncrated tractors. They were sold in 2000 and 2001. These were all american spec. tractors.
I have a YM169D with 14 hours. There is no doubt that it was "new" 3 years ago.

/ a God-honest new Yanmar #9  
I once saw an F215-D with 95 hrs. on the meter
I still have it !
It also had the tags attached under the hood.
It now has over 250hrs. on it
I have enjoyed every one of them
Ernie

/ a God-honest new Yanmar #10  
There was some discussion a while back about this , seems than Yanmar still had a couple of trailerloads of "new"never used tractors sitting in their warehouse and they decided to clean house I guess. Obviously these tractors had been sitting for a while(in crates)since Yanmar quit selling their tractors around 1989. Obviously if properly preserved, what they should have been, being shipped from Japan, this should not hurt a thing. I guess the proper term would be "New old Stock" I guess if you really wanted a new Yanmar you can go buy one in Europe (All kind of cool models including HST) and have it shipped here.But I imagine you would be on your own as far as Yanmar is concerned as far as warranty and liability.
Thanks Pete