Refurbished testimony

/ Refurbished testimony #1  

callais

Tractor
yanmar 2000
I bought my refurb YM2000 several months ago after reading all I could read about them. My original intention was to buy a Brand New Farm Pro from a local dealer, who claimed she had never had a problem with one, (though she wouldn't explain why she had 3 of them behind her shop torn apart). She also would not let me test drive one. She also sold Yanmars, but I was under the impression she was a dishonest dealer. I found another family owned tractor sales company that sold tractors on consignment and had several nicely refurbed yanmars. He explained that the refurb was mostly decorative, however his mechanic (which has owned a Yanmar for 20 + years), looks them all over and makes any repair that is necessary. He bought them with zero hours on the meter and works them for a month or so before he outs them up for sale. I picked on with about 13 hours on it, drove it around several times and finally after 2 weeks of pestering the owner with questions, I bought it. They gave me a little warranty on it and lots of help. I have had no major problems with my refurb. I have a finish mower, discs, and blade for it, I have used them extensively with complete satisfaction!! The dealer has really stood behind the tractor, and I feel that has made the difference. They worked really hard to test to tractors before putting them up for sale and has ensured that the mechanic they have can correct any problem they may have with these refurbs. So ,....to those looking for a cheap tractor and contimplating a refurb, I can honestly say in my opinion, that if you find a dealer you are comfortable with and seems honest, go for it.
The dealer,.. his honesty along with his garuantee to help if there would be a problem later on was the selling point.

The point I'm trying to make: Find yourself a good dealer, and he'll probably have your tractor.

/ Refurbished testimony #2  
Big difference in what you got and a stereotypical 'refurb' job.

Most of the people that see a refurbed yanmar are seeing a unit that was worked to death and not maintained.. and then needed a refurb after only light hours ( 500? ).. and then the parts may have been pulled from other tractors.. or of dubious quality. done to no quality controll standards in overseas sweathouses by more or less untrained 'techs'.

There are also 'new parts' refurbs.. where a few hoses and belts and the battery and the fluids were changed and then sold as refurbed.

Then there's the 'dupont' refurb.. New paint and out she goes.

Your unit sounds like a great deal. The mechanic corrected any problems found.. and then they threw a 'dupont' on it and sold it. any warranty is a benefit. and if it is a good dealer and mechanic.. I would want a unit like that.. rather than one with a dubious quality refurb done on a sand floor at some unknown location in vietnam with lord-knows what age/quality of parts.

Soundguy