Yanmar YM2000 lift not working

/ Yanmar YM2000 lift not working #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
I changed the hydraulic fluid in my Yanmar YM2000 and the lift quit working,,was working before I changed it,,is there anything I have to do like blled lines,,,,any help appreciated,, fluid is 303 from local farm store

/ Yanmar YM2000 lift not working #2  
I have changed mine several times without any issues. Try working the lever a few times .

/ Yanmar YM2000 lift not working #3  
6QTS. or 4Gal. 303. ? And did you remove and clean the Filter? Mine was pretty much clogged when I changed it for the first time. I replaced it though...

/ Yanmar YM2000 lift not working #4  
Does the tractor have a loader on it? If so, does the loader work?

/ Yanmar YM2000 lift not working
I did clean the screen, 4 gals of Fluid,,have worked the handle several times,,chcked the linkage under the seat and it all appears to be working

/ Yanmar YM2000 lift not working #6  
As in Connected and moving properly. Now functioning? If not you may know this but while your under the seat make sure the round knob is turned fully counter clockwise. Which is open. All the way in is closed which puts a safety lock on the 3PT..

Attachments

• Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 508
   / Yanmar YM2000 lift not working
I went back out there this evening to try and figure it out,,,,its working?????,,I dont know why,,go figure

/ Yanmar YM2000 lift not working #8  
I went back out there this evening to try and figure it out,,,,its working?????,,I dont know why,,go figure

Glad it's working for you now. Self healing is best. I have no idea why it would quit like that. My guess is the input to the hydraulic pump got air-locked somehow....but it's never happened to me. Did you loosen a line or do anything else when changing the oil?
rScotty

/ Yanmar YM2000 lift not working #9  
I agree it got some air most likely. But I guess it just worked it's way out. They are designed not to have to be bled and are basically self bleeding.