YM-2210D PTO cover plate!?!?!😂

/ YM-2210D PTO cover plate!?!?!😂 #1  

stormpetrel

Gold Member
Tractor
ym2210D
I caught my ROPS on a low-hanging tree branch and cracked the PTO cover😳. I just found one off of a parts tractor, and am trying to get the old one off. I drained the hydraulic fluid (cleaning the filter!) and put the plug back in. I got a new seal and gasket from Hoye Tractor. I have all the bolts off, the cover comes out around 3/4" and that's all she'll go. The spline is moving out with the cover, and what looks like a few gearsthat are behind the cover as well.

Is there something else I need to remove to disconnect whatever is keeping the cover from coming off?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve

/ YM-2210D PTO cover plate!?!?!😂 #2  
Assuming you are trying to remove the whole pto unit? Attaching a picture of your pto shifting. Not plain to me just what if anything there might be holding the unit. Could be the pins #26, if so, I imagine the hydraulic unit would have to be removed to access.

Attachments

• 2018-03-24-070759.jpg
    2018-03-24-070759.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 178
   / YM-2210D PTO cover plate!?!?!😂
Hi Winston, thanks for your reply. For whatever reason, I can't see the attached graphic.

I'm trying to switch the cover, I don't *want* to remove the PTO unit. But it looks as if the cover plate ain't comin alone!

I guess I'll go out and start taking that Hydraulic unit off at some point......

/ YM-2210D PTO cover plate!?!?!😂 #4  
You will have to remove the pto unit.

But it won't come out by simply removing the cover. So I have to take the hydraulic unit (which sits over the PTO) out in order for it to come out....

/ YM-2210D PTO cover plate!?!?!😂 #6  
Evidently, if you have the seven outside bolts out and the whole unit won't come out then I expect the shift linkage is holding it. Please don't sue if I am giving you bad information. :D

Not understanding why you can't see the drawing. :confused3:

I can see where it says "attached thumbnails", but it's not a live link. 😨

I took the hydraulic unit off, and there were two shift links. Getting the cotter pins and the (clevis?) pins out is tricky.

I spent the entire afternoon disconnecting the links, getting the cover and PTO out, switching over to the new plate, and trying to get it back together.

I was only able to get one of the shift links back on. I dropped the pin to the second one into the transmission. No problem! Grabbed my telescoping magnet and.....it broke off on the bottom of the transmission case!!!

So I'm done for the day.😂😂too bad, I was so close to finishing.

/ YM-2210D PTO cover plate!?!?!😂 #8  
Sounds like you have my kind of luck. :muttering:2018-03-24-070759.jpg

/ YM-2210D PTO cover plate!?!?!😂 #9  
I was going to say Hoye has a video on removing the PTO. But sounfs like you have it figured out.

Did you get the magnet and roll pun out of the transmission yet? May need to drain fluid int a clean bucket if you already filled it to see what your doing.

/ YM-2210D PTO cover plate!?!?!😂 #10  
Are you talkinng the top cover of the PTO or the rear plate that acually has the PTO gears and all attached to it?