New Owner of a YM165

/ New Owner of a YM165 #1  

gioacchino

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM165
Hey there,
I just purchased a new to me YM165. I've read quite a bit about the tractor, but wanted to get some more information on it.

Would anyone happen to have a link to a PDF of the service manual?

Please share any helpful tips for maintaining/working on the tractor.

Here's a picture of the machine. I haven't put much time on it yet, but it seems to be very solid. It needs some cleaning and TLC and should be good to go for chores around my small property.

thumbnail_IMG_3401.jpg

Thanks

/ New Owner of a YM165 #4  
:welcome: to TBN and congrats on your new to you 165 nice find.

/ New Owner of a YM165 #6  
Personally, I'd put a water temp gauge in it. And make sure your coolant mixture is correct.

/ New Owner of a YM165
Personally, I'd put a water temp gauge in it. And make sure your coolant mixture is correct.

Thanks for the input. I'm guessing you suggest that since it's a thermosiphon cooling system? I'll be honest, this is my first experience with a thermosiphon system.

/ New Owner of a YM165 #8  
Yes. This works just fine, but in heavy continuous load it will get warm/hot. Knowing what the temp is is good. Running the correct engine oil is key also. My 155d calls for sae30. And depending on the service history, I'd change all fluids and filters. These are great little tractors.

/ New Owner of a YM165 #9  
Yes. This works just fine, but in heavy continuous load it will get warm/hot. Knowing what the temp is is good. Running the correct engine oil is key also. My 155d calls for sae30. And depending on the service history, I'd change all fluids and filters. These are great little tractors.

The YM models and manuals preceded the now recommended 15W-40 oil.