Comparison 240D yanmar rims and tires

/ 240D yanmar rims and tires #11  
Being a four wheel drive the specs I see are 12.2/24 for rear tire so I'm assuming the rim would be matching page 13 under tires it says 12.2/10-24 is that 10 to 12.2 width an 24 height on the rim?

The way you read that is that is you have a tire that is 12.2 inches wide when mounted on a 10 inch wide steel rim. And that rim is 24 inches in diameter. They call it out that way because the mounted tire's width and height will be different if that same tire is mounted on a different width rim. The tire could be forced onto several different width rims and work just fine, but it would then be the wrong rolling circumfernce for your 4WD. All 4WD tractors are finicky about getting the front to rear tire ratio to correctly match the front to rear gearing in the gearbox.

BTW, that is a fairly normal OEM Rear Ag tire for the YM240D tractor - for your tractor. Ag tires being ones like in the lower picture that I am including below. You will sometimes see that rear tire listed by different manufacturers as 11.2 or 12.2 - all on a ten inch wide rim. But close enough. The finished width doesn't matter within a few inches.

The fronts to match that rear tire should be 6 - 14s. The way you read front Ag tires is to know that the specs for them rarely show tire width (although they should). They only show rim width and diameter. In this case, you want a tire that looks like the one in the picture that fits a 6 inch wide steel rim and the rim itself is 14 inches in diameter.

Note that in the photos below. All of the rims seem to be 6 bolt rims front and rear - except for the 2WD fronts...which are a 4 bolt pattern.

Now if you were looking for turf tires - like golf cart tires - for that tractor you'd find that they are described completely differently. Yanmar sold turf tires for all their tractors but Yanmar often misreported turf tire sizes in their spec sheets and other literature. In fact, early Yanmar literature from the era of the lime green Yanmars often had all kinds or either errors or uncorrected manufacturing changes in their spec sheets - and particularly so in the way that their turf tire sizing is reported. In fact, you can see it below because the turf tire size in the lower right seems to be wrong in the spec sheet below. Their specs got better when they started painting their tractors red...about 1980.

That's a nice machine you have. A real classic.
rScotty

Attachments

• YM240_pg1.jpg
    YM240_pg1.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 584
  • YM240_pg2.jpg
    YM240_pg2.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 259
   / 240D yanmar rims and tires
Thank you for the clarity, I'm looking for PDFs shop manual for the yanmar 240d the one I bought is rusty but seems sound the gentleman passed away one owner it needs hoses and fitting also the bucket attachment needs hoses

/ 240D yanmar rims and tires #13  
The original hydraulic hoses should be double-layer. In my experience they can look terrible, maybe the outer steel ply showing, and still function fine.

I've replaced only one hose due to bulging and sweating. Then others because of my own user abuse, mostly snagging a hose while rasseling an old uprooted tree.

Here are some photos I posted 10/2007 showing mostly old hoses. At the control valve, there's one I replaced and one replaced by a prior owner. That hose at the left 'lift' cylinder is the one that eventually started sweating and was replaced. The rest of the old hoses shown are original from 1980(?).

I just now went out and looked. The same hoses are still on there 10 years later, look about the same, and work fine.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/109645-new-yanmar-owner-kinda-sorta.html#post1250622

/ 240D yanmar rims and tires
Hawaii has the metal lines rusted and the hoses are cracked and rusted at the fittings bad one hose is spraying on the bucket, when I get back I'll just fix the broken stuff and get to work!