eBay/Craigslist Ebay tractor packages???

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #11  
Reed
Im curious how those tines hold up, a friend of mine bought some from CHINA and he broke 8 of them in less than an hour
I tried to to buy some from leon at vina tractor off ebay and he would not sell them to me. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
He claims I raked him over the coals on this forum for selling vc tractors! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Oh well you cant please them all.
Ern.

/ Ebay tractor packages???
While searching for FWD parts for 1300D, I discovered this (BIG) place last year. They had everything from "A" to ZenOh.and they were constantly seperateing, unloading and loading low-boy trailers bound North and the West coast. They were to busy to help me untill I inquired about 3 4X4 Yanmars with my checkbook in hand. Now I am their best friend. The three tractors were sold, but they could get me exactly what I wanted in 2-3 weeks for X amount. In fact IF I brought cash it would be 800. less, NO PROBLEM I says. After a few visits they let me roam the property freely and I discovered their salvage yard,25-30 tractors. I bought many parts....FWD, axle and tranny housing, steering gear/box and shaft, and always accompanied by a guy with his hand out. Yep, cash and carry, and I mean 1/10th of what a legitimate supplier would ask. Eventually I took pictures and made an offer (accepted) on several various models for a friend in the parts business in Dixon, IL. (many already know who I mean). And when I said 1/10 the price; example a complete 155D tractor-less engine, radiator for $200 cash in hand. Man I mean complete right down to hyd lines laying in the dirt, with wheels-tires and FWD assembly. This place was a drug and I was hooked. I digress, Finally, on my last visit, I walked thru the gate and they promptly ask me to leave and come back tomorrow. Can you believe this? Seems the "real" owner was on his way and I could be very embarassing. That was it for me. I was so excited initally that I found this treasure chest of tractors and parts, that all common sense was lost. Never went back, and it was like withdrawl. Lost the deal (and credibility) on the salvage end, but never wanted to make a dime as I am not in the salvage end. I leave that to the experts. I never lie to my customers, but man I was selling a load to myself. The center continued to call and update me on tractors and asked about the salvage, it eventually petered out. And I ramble, but I had to leave so much out, that this probably makes little sense.

I forgot to say, all parts were rebuilt, bearings, gears and seals replaced with new or rebuilt, as everthing I purchased was badly worn-broken or flat unusable, regards, Mark

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #14  
I'm so glad someone brought this up. It has really been bugging me. I talked to one of the "reconditioned" guys from Ebay a few weeks ago. He has been referring many or all of his parts customers to us ("reconditioned" tractors are great for the parts business /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) Want some funny stories? These are not any of his tractors but they are some of the "reconditioned" tractors that were sold as new with only 2 hours on them.

1- Guy buys a front knuckle housing for his "new" 4wd because his was leaking and held together with JB Weld. I sent a new housing and he said it was MUCH larger than the one he had. After an hour he called back and said that the gearbox clearly did not come with the tractor as it was a slightly different color and the mounting brackets were cut off and (poorly) welded back on. No way to tell what he need to fix the problem as we could not tell what he had.

2- A guy buys a head gasket for his YM2010. He calls to complain that the head gasket has 3 holes and his tractor is only a 2 cylinder. His tractor has YM2010 decals on the hood and a 2TR20 engine under the hood. Interesting.

3- Another guy calls to say that his engine "made bad noises" and, after no one would return his calls, he had a local mechanic take it apart. Many loose bolts and a plastic parts bag was left inside the engine!

I could go on for hours. Folks... these tractors might be factory reconditioned but I can guarantee you it was not in Yanmar's factory.

Mark- You need to post some of the pictures thet you sent me on your 1601. Your tractors are truely reconditioned! They look incredible.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940) 438-0386

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #15  
Ernie, I'll have to let you know about the tines. I have some life left in the set I am using now. Or I should say, that my son is using now.

Hi Aaron and thanks for the compliments.....just tried to post some pix of one of the reconditioned Yanmars but my files are all too big. Not sure how to knock them down under 100KB. I will work on that, or maybe adjust camera for less dpi and take a couple pix tomorrow. AND I knew that has been eating at you. There are some real scams going on and it is really hard on all of us.

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #17  
I just got some prices on tractors from Japan from an outfit in Japan that sells them. I even got a password and got in their website to look at what they had in stock and the prices. The price included CIB delivery to a close city but didn't include import duty tax or customs prices. My price would be higher than what these guys on E-bay with those packages is selling them for. The best looking tractors by far on the website were the Kubotas and they can't import them under the kubota name. They were all grade A or B tractors that still needed cleaned up and probably a lot of them could be painted. You have to buy at least a 20' container which would be 8 tractors i believe.

Soon, the maket will be saturated with these packages and that makes me very concerned. I am not a worrier, but this is a problem for me.

If I were to stop doing reconditioning/restorations on my tractors, and do the absolut minimum-paint hoses, new decals and armour all the tires......you know.....put lipstick on the pig....then maybe I could hook some sucker and move when my rent is due.

Sorry, I know these people and help them anyway I can (customers). Word of mouth is all the advertising I have to do so far, but many are compairing those (Ebay) tractors to my own. Personally, I would jump on those deals, IF I didnt know what I know now. Mark

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #19  
Durbob do you mind sharing your Japanese contact? I know a local guy looking to purhcase a container.

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #20  
Jerry, you have a P.M.