eBay/Craigslist Ebay tractor packages???

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #1  

mark777

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ym1300d-1401D-1601D , 1610D & Massey Ferguson 1020
Is it just me, or are these Yanmar tractor, trailer, blade and FEL packages way too cheap? It takes me 3 weeks on average to go thru one of my Yanmars to extensively recondition and paint. All parts, replaced / rebuilt or new even if slightly questionable.
I have been a member here for only a few months (member on other boards much longer), and sorry for not contributing but so many are so knowledgable that queries are answered quickly and accurately. So my responses would be redundant. However, how does one put together ebay packages like these and make any profit?
I am more than skeptical and ask if anyone has had any experience or purchased any of these "deals"? And, if so, are you satisified? I am so impressed with the members here and their responses, and recognize many friends and suppliers - so I know I am asking the right people. Thanks, and regards Mark

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #2  
Mark
It is my opinion that these might be tractors reconditioned in vietnam, a quick paint job, tires,stickers & out the door.
All at 75 cents an hour. you get what you pay for.

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #3  
Mark,
I agree. It takes a lot of hours to go through one of my tractors. I put a few on eBay for advertising, but if you notice, mine are the higher priced. I guess Ernie and I like to make a little more than 75 cents an hour /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #4  
Mark
You are better off buying a tractor from a local dealer or some dealer on this forum like Jims tractors.
The headaches and the $$ you will save in the long run far out number buying a cheap machine.
The Dealers on this forum stand behind what they sell
or believe me the world will know about it.
Most of them have web pages,mechanics, parts, manuals and and an excellent reputation, or they dont last long here !! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Tractor Ernie

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #5  
Ernie,

I think Mark sells Yanmars.

As for the dealer in Canton selling the cheap Yanmar packages on eBay, I don't know where he's getting them, but there is a new dealer/distributor on I30 in East Dallas. I can't remember the name, or find it in my browser's history, but I did look up their website. They claim to be the biggest seller of reconditioned Japanese tractors in the US, and they are owned by a Vietnamese family with a pipeline from the motherland. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I will post the name and website when I find it.

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #6  
They have to get those Yanmars from vietnam dirt cheap. I'm considering getting a gray market tractor in the next year or so and i think i want one with low hrs without the engine being touched yet has new hoses and paint and seat, etc. The only one i've seen selling them like that is Corriher in N. Carolina i believe. I guess some of you do it also. I think i will give more for one that is not reconditioned in vietnam. I was wondering if any dealers in the states did it themselves. Is it possible to put a two stage clutch on a tractor that doesn't have it? I would want that if possible along with ROP.,a FEL and tiller with a box blade and 3 point.

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #7  
Is it Vina tractor? I just bought tiller tines off Ebay from him for $40 less than cost.

/ Ebay tractor packages???
Thanks guys, I was leaning toward your opinions about where they are reconditioned. Not far from me, 30 miles, there is a major distribution center and they discourage any walk in customers - just plain nasty. Oh, they were interested in me because I inquired about three units at wholesale prices but after checking them out.......you just cant believe what goes on there. Fortunately I hooked up with a supplier who sells me tractors with a drivetrain warranty - 90 days. Thats not much but it is enough for me.

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #9  
Reed,

It is Vina Tractor. Here's their web page.

Like I said, I don't know if they are affiliated with the Canton dealer.

/ Ebay tractor packages??? #10  
"you just cant believe what goes on there. "

Mark...Could you please elaborate a little more on that statement.