Just bought a GT14 - need help with repairs

/ Just bought a GT14 - need help with repairs #1  

86turbodsl

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar GT14, Oliver Super 55
Just bought a GT14 at an equipment dealer on close out. Nice little tractor. It runs well, but the starter doesn't always engage. Wiring I think. There are some plates missing around the gear shifter. What do all these levers do? It needs some repairs, but the price was definitely right.
The front PTO clutch works, but isn't connected to the switch on the dash. the adustment for the pto under the front of the tractor is broken. Does anyone here have photos of a GT14 close up, so I can see how things work. I am capable of doing any repairs, but I have to know where to start. I'd basically like to bring it right back to fully operational.

Thanks!
Mark

/ Just bought a GT14 - need help with repairs #2  
Welcome to TBN and congratulations on your Yanmar purchase!

You'll find lots of help here, though the GT14 isn't a terribly popular model. Fortunately for you, it is a U.S. tractor, and Yanmar is quite good at continued support even 25 years later. There are a number of Yanmar dealers on this discussion board who can get you manuals for your tractor. That should really be all you need if you are confident in your mechanical abilities to repair it yourself. The dealers here are also very helpful with advice.

Do us a favor and fill out your profile so we know at least your general location. This will help us to help you better. There is probably a Yanmar dealer within a reasonable distance to you who can help you if you'd rather do it that way.

P.S. I (and I'm sure lots of others) would like to see some photos of your GT14. If you can, take some digital pictures and post them for us.

/ Just bought a GT14 - need help with repairs
Thanks, I've lurked for a while, but not posted before. I bough the GT14 last night. It had been on the dealers lot for a couple years, and not sold. I'm sure that it had been the pricetag attached to it. I got it under a grand. The price was cut in half twice over the last couple years. I have verified that the PTO clutch works, and the adjustment mount is the only thing keeping me from mowing. I'll try and get pictures tonight. There are some wierd rigged fixes to the tractor, but nothing I can't fix. The main point is, I now have a small diesel lawnmower so I can stop using my big tractor to mow the lawn. That was getting expensive!

Ok, here's some photos. Suggestions are welcome. The seat came with it. My taste isn't that bad... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 482670-yanmar1.jpg
    482670-yanmar1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 412
Another one.

Attachments

• 482673-yanmar2.jpg
    482673-yanmar2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 403
/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I don't know what the three lobed knob is. It doesn't connect to anything. It's sitting in a hole loose. The shift cover plate was missing. I'm going to make a plate for it.

Attachments

• 482677-yanmar3.jpg
    482677-yanmar3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 345
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
the engine runs very well. The decompression cable is not original. I need to get a new one. This one doesn't work well.

Attachments

• 482679-yanmar4.jpg
    482679-yanmar4.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 366
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I don't know where the wires go, they were just hanging. The drawbar is "custom'. I need to fab another one. Did these things come with a three point?

Attachments

• 482681-yanmar5.jpg
    482681-yanmar5.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 347
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Looks like it once had a ROPS on it. What's the cover for?

Attachments

• 482682-yanmar6.jpg
    482682-yanmar6.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 287
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Another unknown cover on the fender.

Attachments

• 482683-yanmar7.jpg
    482683-yanmar7.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 314