YM330D Is is worth repairing?

/ YM330D Is is worth repairing? #1  

jerhutch

Tractor
Ym330D
I have a YM330D that seems to be in good condition but needs engine work (cracked head), pistons, etc. It also needs a new hood and other misc parts. The parts are adding up to $4,000 - $5,000 and I have $2,000 in it now. It does have a nice Yanmar loader. Should be like new condition when I get it completed. Hour meter says 907 but not sure if it's accurate. Is this a good tractor? What's one worth, assuming I get it in very good condition? I've seen positive discussions about the YM336 but nothing about the YM330D. Any used parts around?
Thanks
Jerry

/ YM330D Is is worth repairing? #2  
Jerry,
That's a close one. I really don't see how you can get to $5,000 in parts though. Engine rebuild is in the $300 to $900 range depending on how far it needs to go (pistons vs just rings, etc). you can get a salvaged head for around $500-$900 depending on your core. $515 buys a new hood or about 20 hours at a local body shop ($25/hr).

I think the tractor should be worth around $7,500 to $8,000 in our area in good shape. 900 hours is nothing if it was serviced properly. Having an engine rebuild at 900 hours is not a good sign that it has though.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)438-0386

/ YM330D Is is worth repairing?
Aaron,
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if any sources to get a used or rebuilt head? Also, Do you have a source for the new hood?
Thanks
Jerry

/ YM330D Is is worth repairing? #4  
I think I have a salvaged head on the shelf. I just checked and the hood is out of stock in the US. I can have a brand new one to you in roughly 30 days for $515.00 + shipping from Texas to you.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)438-0386

/ YM330D Is is worth repairing? #5  
Could you please ejukate me...I do not know what a YM330D is? ?HP etc...just interested and always need to learn...God knows I know so little now I have to have room in this old brain!!

peter

/ YM330D Is is worth repairing?
Yanmar 330D 33hp "D" indicates 4 wheel drive. diesel engine. Hope this helps
Jerry

/ YM330D Is is worth repairing? #7  
The YM330D is a made for U.S. tractor. I don't think it was as popular as it's power-shift equivalent YM336D. It's basically the same tractor but with a regular gear tranny.