Is this a Yanmar 2000

/ Is this a Yanmar 2000 #1  

SuthnPSD

New to forum. Considering the purchase of the tractor in the attached photo. Seller states Yanmar YM 2000 22HP $2800. Has 840hours. Location is south Louisiana. Is this a gray tractor?

Thank you for your help. Please post any questions.
Yanmar 2000? photo

/ Is this a Yanmar 2000 #2  
Wow,

Thats tough. Can you revisit the tractor and pull serial # off left of tractor (under left foot as you sit) or any I.D on inside of rear fender? You may see YM2000 indexed with other #'s to be sure.
Sometimes sitting side by side it's difficult to make the connection. Hope someone with a 2000 will jump in. Welcome to TBN, good luck, Regards, Mark

/ Is this a Yanmar 2000 #3  
You can also check & see if the engine is a 2TR20.

/ Is this a Yanmar 2000
Any comments on the pricing? Thank you.

/ Is this a Yanmar 2000 #5  
My first hunch is that it is a YM2000. If it is, then yes it is a grey market tractor that is very similar to the US model YM240 that is actually 24hp. Like Len said look for 2TR20 on it.

/ Is this a Yanmar 2000 #6  
As several have said, check the engine build plate below the starter.

Your YM2000 will probably have the later series engine 2TR20A-X, since that photo shows a second-series hood, about 1976-1979.

Look for red paint under that green. Yanmar never used that shade of green.

For a price comparison see the YM2000's on Ebay. If yours really has only 840 hours and no major repairs then it's at least the equal of the "reconditioned" units sold there for around that price.

Yes it's a 'gray' but this model is extremely well supported with parts. There's a flood of them being imported presently and plenty of parts as well. They are great tractors and I'm sure you will like it.

Your YM2000 will have the same specs as my YM240, the Americanized version of that model. See the photos and brochures referenced in my sig, below.