Help with Neck

/ Help with Neck #1  

Yanmar_1700

Tractor
Yanmar 1700
My neck is sore from constantly looking at the boxblade in back of the tractor. I have seen rearview mirrors on ebay. According to the instructions it bolts to the block. My 2 cylinder YM1700 vibrates like crazy. I can't imagine looking in the rearview mirror when it's vibrating like that. Will a rearview mirror help my neck problems? I am doing something basically wrong in tractor operation? Does anyone else have a rearview mirror attached to thier engine block and can you see anything with it?

/ Help with Neck #2  
<font color="blue"> I am doing something basically wrong in tractor operation?</font>
Andy
You are doing what others do with a rear blade or other attachments.
If you look at some of the post on front snowblowers. The reason they are putting out the extra money is they have the same pain in the neck as you. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

<font color="blue"> Does anyone else have a rear view mirror attached to their engine block and can you see anything with it? </font>
I cannot help you on this one. unless a mirror is large and close enough to you. I don't think it is going to help much. Do you have a canopy. Some TBN members mount a mirror from it.

/ Help with Neck #3  
I never had a mirror on my 1700, but you'll never be able to see the detail you need to with just a rear view mirror mounted where they do on a YM1700.

/ Help with Neck #4  
My experience with a boxblade has been that as you get familiar with the speed and distance that the box raises and lowers as you manipulate the lever, you can look ahead, (and down, of course), and anticipate when to raise and lower, only looking back occasionally to admire your handiwork.