Yanmar YM2200 needs (Head & Gasket)

/ Yanmar YM2200 needs (Head & Gasket) #1  

DannyV

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2200
I am posting to see if anyone has a Head and gasket for my Yanmar YM2200 for sale in good working condition. If you or know someone who does please reply with some prices please. I have found only 2 heads and gasket but I want some more prices before I buy. Thanks

/ Yanmar YM2200 needs (Head & Gasket) #2  
Danny,
As you have found, this isn't a real popular model. Not a bad tractor at all, but not that many imported. Good luck on your search. By the way, is repairing the head out of the question?

/ Yanmar YM2200 needs (Head & Gasket) #3  
If you have found two, you really should consider yourself fortunate. There are very few around and most established dealers do not bring in 2200s.

/ Yanmar YM2200 needs (Head & Gasket)
Yeah I think repairing is out of the question since its missing a threaded part for the nut to the water pump do to over tightening the nut and has a crack on the bottom of it not sure what caused that which could of been a few things. Those problems there just dont look to easy to fix and I assume it would be around the same price as another head if I was to try to get it fixed. Once I get this head and gasket replaced it should be perfect since it broke down LONG ago with 246 hours only used on it. My family was supposely the 2nd or 3rd people to get it after being imported around 1979 and noone ever worked on it till it got to me. BTW I was just trying to sell this tractor all week for 900.00 with a like new 4ft brush hog but I just changed my mind since I want to see if another head was available. About 10 people wanted it but the parts problem scared um away and never came back for it..

/ Yanmar YM2200 needs (Head & Gasket) #5  
I think you would be quite surprised what can be done to repair the head. The water pump stud is not a problem. The hole can be drilled and tapped and a heli-coil inserted to use the original stud or a bolt. As for the crack - it probably can be welded as long as the overall head dimensions have not been distorted. I don't know what kind of prices you have gotten on a replacement head, but I would bet that yours can be repaired for about the same amount if not less.

/ Yanmar YM2200 needs (Head & Gasket) #6  
I would guess a head for that tractor is probably $500-$600 and that you could probably get yours repaired by a machine shop for 1/3 that plus a $45 gasket. To me it would be worth a try.

/ Yanmar YM2200 needs (Head & Gasket)
I was wondering if this stuff at http://www.rxauto.net/order.html has been tried and proven from someone here to fix cracked head and worn gaskets on any tractors??

/ Yanmar YM2200 needs (Head & Gasket) #9  
The last head I bought turned out to be worse than the one I had. I sent it back and fixed the old one for about half the price of the "new" one. The shop I used had an oven to preheat the head before welding and then machined the head and put new valve seats in. I know that Yanmar doesn't have replaceable seats. They machined them out and put in hardened ones. It worked out slick.

/ Yanmar YM2200 needs (Head & Gasket) #10  
The welding sounds right to me, any liquid you put in is snake oil (in my opinion). You are more likely to make more problems than having a competent machine shop fix it.