Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze Member

Default ? on yanmar fx24D

I am thinking of upgradeing my 2420D and was want some of your thoughts. I was thinking of a FX24D. Anyone got anything good or bad to say? Any type of problems with this model? parts problems?
    thanks for all your help
    wendelin

Elite Member

Default Re: ? on yanmar fx24D

It's my understanding that the "F" series gray market tractors have a definite parts problem, since there is no US counterpart, and that's the only way parts can be obtained from Yanmar. Word is that aftermarket parts are on the way, but as yet, have not heard of any actually on the market. On the otherhand, they are new enough that you may not need any serious parts until the aftermarket parts come out.

Tractor
    Yanmars = Fx235- F255- FX335... branson 4220i tlb - hinomoto JF1 New Holland 7610 Branson 3510 tlb

We have (2) FX24-D parts tractors in stock at the moment & 1 of them runs fine. the other is on 3 pallets.
    Whatever you need just call me
    www.ernies.net

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar FX24D replaced with Massey GC2400

I am the proud owner of a working FX24D. Great tractor. Haven't found any weaknesses, yet. No parts problem, because most of the mechanical parts are pretty much similar to most earlier models. Get power steering if you get one because when you put the loader on (and U will) it will be much easier to drive. I have replaced the glow plugs & front wheel seal. Only parts that may be hard to come by are probably sheet metal. Otherwise, Hoye, Len Scheaffer, Ernie, etc. can probably get most anything.

Tractor
    Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger

I was in a similar situation. I had a YM2620D and went to and FX26D. Biggest difference other that the sheet metal was:
    1. Fender mounted shifter instead of under the steering column.
    2. Flat floor board/deck.

Other than that there really isn't much difference in power, at least in the 26 sizes.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Any Japanese

I recently sold a few of the smaller F series: F17D, FX17D, F16, etc. So far any parts I have needed were ordered from Hoye. Nice tractors, although the leg room is lacking. The 1610D has much more leg room than the F17D, even though the shifters are out of the way.

Tractor
    Yanmar models: YM1110D, YM1301D

One of the other differences I have heard negative comments on is the shifter location. For loader work, the shifter on the right fender is not convenient since you have to use the same hand as you use for the loader controls. The YM powershifts have the shifter between your legs or on the dash. Note that I do NOT have an F or FX tractor, so this is just second hand information.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar F15D

Though I don't have a loader, the shifter on my F15D is on the left fender, not the right (possibly because they drive on the left side of the road in Japan, and so the driver sits in the right seat and learns to shift with his left hand). I imagine the larger F series tractors are configured this way too. If I did have a loader I suppose I would operate the loader with the right hand, shift with the left, and steer with my teeth. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Maybe it is just my particular build, but I've got plenty of leg room, too (and I'm 6' 3").

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar FX24D replaced with Massey GC2400

Not being a professional (caveat first), I have spent more than a few hours on a bobcat & my tractor (shifter & loader controls on right.) It's only slightly slower than the Bobcat (foot and hand controls.) U still have to use 1 hand for steering on the tractor, so using the other for loader and direction control doesn't seem out of place.

Tractor
    YM 2210

I think your move might be lateral......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast