YM 186 engine problem

/ YM 186 engine problem #1  

MaterDei

Tractor
Yanmar 186
Greetings all,

I have a YM 186 that is giving me problems and was hoping that somebody on this fine site might be able to help me out.

It has been running fine since I bought it with my house 4 months ago. Now, however, it is having some issues. When I start the tractor it runs fine, for about a minute. Then it just dies and won't restart for a while. When I can restart it, like the next day, it does the same thing.

I suspected a fuel problem. The filter in the pitcock seems clean and the air filter is clean. Is there another fuel filter on the tractor? If not, is there somewhere else that the fuel line might need cleaning?

Maybe you don't suspect it is a fuel problem at all? All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

/ YM 186 engine problem #2  
Welcome to the board. Many times that is caused by the fuel cap not venting properly. Try loosening the fuel cap after it dies. See if you can here a sucking sound. If that is not the problem it could be something in the bottom of your fuel tank restricting the flow. As the fuel gets used out of the hoses and the filter- it dies. Then overnight it slowly fills back up and starts the next morning. Those are the 2 most common and easy fixes to that problem.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)438-0386

/ YM 186 engine problem
Great ideas, HoyeTractor. I'll try them tomorrow.

Thanks

/ YM 186 engine problem #4  
Try cleaning the fuel tank too, although its a messy job.
But Aaron is right , I would suspect the fuel tank and hose leading to the filter.
Also I have a 186-D parts tractor if you need anything.
Ernie