Silver Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1500D

Default Compression release lever hard to turn? - 1500D

We just got our first snow storm of the season today. I look forward to snow nowadays because I get to clear my driveway with my 1500D and FEL. Works a lot better than a shovel and a whole lot more fun too.

Anyhow, when I went out to my pole barn/garage this afternoon to start up the tractor, I hit the compression release lever and it did not want to move at all. I was able to force the lever open with a considerable amount of effort and then I had to force it back closed. What could be the problem? Last time I used the compression release it turned real easy. I was able to get the tractor started but it sure is a lot harder on it when you cant flip the compression release.

Tractor
    Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger

Default Re: Compression release lever hard to turn? - 1500D

Shoot a little WD40 on it where it goes into the engine.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1500D

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Shoot a little WD40 on it where it goes into the engine. )</font>

Thanks Brent. That sounds like a simple enough fix. I'll give it shot tomorrow. I was thinking the worst...like it might be all gummed up on the inside of the motor and I would have to pull it all apart to clean it. Hopefully the WD is all it needs.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1500D

Just wanted to report back. I went out to the garage this evening and hit the compression release with the WD40 and then worked the lever back and forth with some channel locks. It was real stiff at first but it eventually freed up and is working nice now. Thanks for the help! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Yanmar 1500D

I had to do the same with my 1500D...works great now...