1610d

/ 1610d #1  

wscott

Tractor
Yanmar 1610D
Does anyone know what the black hoses that are on the rear of the tractor are. They are located under the seat area and connect to both sides of the rear axle housing. I had one of the metal tube that connect the hose to the left axle housing brake off flush. Is this a vent hose or what and how do I replace the metal tube. See attatched picture. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Attachments

• 579909-123_2382.jpg
    579909-123_2382.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 322
   / 1610d #2  
hi,
Yes, those are axle vent tubes... Not sure if you can replace one if it has broken off flush thou.... You may have to rethread the hole and insert your own tube... -arthr

/ 1610d #3  
I was wondering if the tubes that come out of the Left and Right axle are supposed to be connected or do they just vent to the atmosphere. Mine has a 1" metal tube on the open end indicating it may be is supposed to connect to the other tube??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 1610d #4  
They vent to atmosphere.

/ 1610d #5  
An easy out of the appropriate size would work. I'd saturate it with Kroil for a couple of days first.

/ 1610d
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifI finally had time to remove the rest of the vent tube that was broken of saturday. It came out with out any problems with and ez out. Had to remove a few parts to get to it with the t handle. These tube are threaded on the ends and just screw into the axle housing. Now I need to find a replacement vent tube.

/ 1610d #7  
I had one that broke right at the transmission case. There was enough of the metal tube left over to cut new threads and install the tube again.

/ 1610d #8  
Find a fuel or vacuum hose that's a good fit, push it into the hole, seal with RTV silicone on the outside. It's only purpose is to vent for moisture. The silicone will keep the rain out. Make sure the open end is pointed down so rain doesn't enter.

/ 1610d #9  
The tubes are definetly vent tubes but are used to vent pressure built up during movement. If you look at any transmission or differential you will see a vent tube coming from the top of the case. The gear movement in oil will act like a low pressure pump. If the vent gets blocked ,it is possible to create enough pressure to blow a seal somewhere in the gearbox housing. It happened all the time on cars and pickups that ran alot of mud roads.

/ 1610d
I order a replacement tube from fredricks tuesday. They sent me the wrong vent tube, which was for the top vent. I called then up and they sent the correct tube the next day no charge. The vent tubes on the sides are for the brake vents.