Lack of Yanmar Tractors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Lack of Yanmar Tractors? #1  

thegreatrandini

Gold Member
Tractor
YM 2210
I have noticed lately that there are not many Yanmar tractors listed on Ebay now. There are fewer than I have seen in several years. Funny though there are more Zennohs then normal..... Any body hear any big news or know why this is? I will look into iseki's , mitsubishi's etc... later but I just was wondering if somethin was goin down?

/ Lack of Yanmar Tractors? #2  
The importer here in Sacramento must have a hundred on the floor with still more comeing out of the shipping containers, was there last week for parts. Might be a reagonal thing.
( Tractormasters )
Chris

/ Lack of Yanmar Tractors? #3  
i think what you are noticing is that the internet resellers are out of stock.... gee, great, maybe they'll come & take yours!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Lack of Yanmar Tractors? #4  
...thought about it.. besides my wise-n-hiemer response, honestly, i've noticed it too. I've been looking for larger yanmars to acquire and there really doesn't seem to be anything on the net, and never in my area. but, nevertheless, i don't think it means anything more than the guys who deal on the 'net have a depleted stock.... -arthr

/ Lack of Yanmar Tractors? #5  
The Yanmar attorney's have contacted most eBay Yanmar sellers and filed trademark violation's with eBay. Ebay then deletes the auction item, (buying the attorney's claims), and if it does this twice, then deletes the seller account. Guess you can't sell your Chevy on eBay either? Trademark violation! What a joke...I just don't have the resources to fight these turkey's. This is all related to the lawsuit filed against Wallace in California last year. So...what can you sell on eBay? Only homemade items?

/ Lack of Yanmar Tractors? #6  
What can be done about this? Do you have an E-Bay contact that every one could send a complaint to. Sounds to me like restraint of trade. Could this be something for the FCC to look into? Yanmar is trying to stop the import of used Yanmars, but to stop the selling of used tractors by individauls is going to far. Kubota didn't stoop that low.

/ Lack of Yanmar Tractors? #7  
Here is what Ebay is replacing the auctions with.

IF YOU ARE HERE BECAUSE YOUR AUCTION WAS CANCELLED

Please be advised that your listing was removed by eBay at the request of YANMAR. You have infringed YANMAR’s trademark, trade dress or copyright by attempting to sell your item.

YANMAR zealously protects its intellectual property rights, which include trademarks and trade dress. You hereby are on notice that YANMAR will not permit items which infringe its intellectual property rights to be sold on eBay.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1. Why was my auction ended?

Your auction was ended because it infringed upon YANMAR’s trademarks, trade dress or copyrights (intellectual property rights).

YANMAR has the responsibility and the right to protect its trademarks, trade dress and copyrights. YANMAR representatives monitor sales on eBay and other sales venues to ensure that YANMAR intellectual property rights are not infringed.

Examples of such infringement include, but are not limited to:

Trademarks – any unauthorized use of a registered trademark or a common law trademark owned by YANMAR, such as items using the YANMAR name (word marks) or YANMAR logo (stylized marks associated with YANMAR as a source indicator) on products not authorized for sale or use in the United States by YANMAR is trademark infringement.

Trade Dress – any item that copies the overall shape, profile and unique appearance of YANMAR products; for example, copying the appearance of a YANMAR tractor is trade dress infringement.

Copyrights – unauthorized copies of printed materials, such as YANMAR operator manuals are copyright infringements.

2. Why can’t I sell a single unauthorized item?

YANMAR has spent considerable time, money, and effort developing its reputation and goodwill through marketing its products – the YANMAR brand is now famous. Sellers of unauthorized items who attempt to make money using the YANMAR name or the appearance of YANMAR product designs, are attempting to transact business based on the company’s acquired distinctiveness, goodwill and reputation. The apparent association with products not authorized by YANMAR for sale or use in the United States damages the company’s reputation and can cause confusion about the origin, sponsorship and safety of these other goods.

3. Can I list the item if I don’t use the name YANMAR?

No. Even if the item does not say YANMAR, the distinctive look (trade dress) of a YANMAR tractor or other product may not be copied – it is infringement.

4. Can I list the item if I say it’s a replica or copy?

No. A disclaimer about the goods offered for sale, such as “copy“ or “replica” or “model” does not protect an infringing sale from state and federal law regarding the sale of infringing or counterfeit items.

5. Why are others allowed to sell these items?

No one is allowed to sell copyrighted, trademarked or trade dress infringing items without a license from the manufacturer. While we make efforts to police the marketplace, some infringing items may be missed. You are not being singled out. All manufacturers and sellers of infringing items that YANMAR is aware of or becomes aware of are put on notice of YANMAR’s intellectual property rights and pursued if they do not stop infringing.

6. What will happen if I re-list the item?

In the short term, you will be suspended from eBay.

In the long term, if you do not obey the law and you re-list items, you may be seen as willfully breaking the law and you will subject yourself to civil liability for your continued infringement and the consequences of your continued infringement. YANMAR proactively protects its intellectual property rights.

7. I purchased the item legitimately, why can’t I re-sell it?

As mentioned above, infringing products may at times be offered for sale, and innocent purchasers may unknowingly buy infringing products. Nevertheless, the existence and sale of such products is still considered infringement. If you sell an infringing product, you have infringed YANMAR’s intellectual property rights whether you meant to infringe or not.

8. What if I didn’t know I couldn’t list the item? Ignorance of the law is not a defense or excuse to copyright and trademark or trade dress infringement. Now that your auction has been ended, you are on notice that the item you attempted to sell is unauthorized. Subsequent listings of such items increases the risk that YANMAR will pursue the protection of its intellectual property rights against you.

The above is provided to you for informational purposes only and is not a full expression of YANMAR’s rights, duties and obligations.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)438-0386

/ Lack of Yanmar Tractors? #8  
Obviously HP doesn't claim trademark infringement when someone sells one of their printers on eBay. Whatever legal standing Yanmar's claim has must be related to the fact that the tractors were originally designed for and sold in a foreign market. Does anyone here understand the logic of why reselling a YM240 would be legal when selling a YM2000 wouldn't? Why would the foreign origin of the merchandise change the legality of resale?

/ Lack of Yanmar Tractors? #9  
Some Google research might clarify the legal principle that Yanmar applied when they shut down Wallace International. (An importer).

Here is a Usenet thread where the owner of a US trademark on camera filters explains his legal basis when he cancels auctions from overseas sellers on 'his' filters.

It looks like a trademark owner can legally control *all* mention of their name if they wish.

/ Lack of Yanmar Tractors?
I would think that a used machine would be able to be sold any where. I think that they just have more money for lawyers.. We have a corporate friendly government now and they may well win this battle. I wonder what they will do with all of those used tractors now? I bet they go to 3rd world countries!!!! Gees I wonder why they don't just support the Greys? I don't see it as doing them any harm......

Status
Not open for further replies.