186D

/ 186D #1  

KAM

Tractor
YM186D
Help! Drive shaft yoke slipped off the rear output shaft on the tractor. When I slide the shaft back on I'm not sure if it is on far enough. It seems like the bolt on the yoke should sit in groove (that goes around the output shaft - through the splined area) but the yoke doesn't slide on far enough to do do that. Should that bolt just tighten down on the splined part of the shaft.
Also the seal around the output shaft is now leaking slightly.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

/ 186D #2  
Yoke is definitely not going far enough onto the pto. Try clean and lube the spline and the yoke so that it will go on easily. The pin should seat in the round groove to lock the yoke on. If it is left to operate like it is you could have trouble getting the shft disconnected, if you don't break something.
Monitor the leak for a while to see how bad it is. If it continues to leak very much you will need to reseal it.
R.

/ 186D #3  
Where in the great white north are you? Did you get last nights storm? It missed us, only about 1 cm. of snow.
R.

/ 186D
Thanks for the reply. The yoke slides on to the shaft easily(maybe too easily) from the oil that has been dripping on it but stops at a sleeve over the splined shaft. It's seems like the sleeve(maybe a bushing) has slipped out and pushed the yoke off? Tried pushing it back further but it doesn't want to move.Right now there's approx. 5/8" of shaft for the yoke to sit on but it needs to go at least another 1/4" for the pin to sit in the groove if that's where it's supposed to sit. The pin in the yoke is just a bolt (approx. 5/16). It was still tight when I discovered the shaft had fallen off. It doesn't make sense to me but then i'm probably not the brightest bulb in the pack!

/ 186D
I'm down in the Fergus area. We only had 1cm. last night as well but we're supposed to get 15cm. and blowing today. I think my little tractor heard the forecast !

/ 186D #6  
Sounds like you need to fix your pto assembly. A parts book would be in order.

/ 186D
Any idea where I could find manuals?

/ 186D #9  
Seems to me that that bolt should be a pin approx 3/8" dia. Take your yoke into Princess auto in KItchener, and compare it with what they have in stock. Might give you an idea of what's going wrong.
Richard.
P.S. Got 5" of blowing snow yesterday. Just finished the electric turn for the blower chute in time. Worked a charm. Blew 1400' of driveway.