1610D Rear End

/ 1610D Rear End #1  

wscott

Tractor
Yanmar 1610D
Can anyone help me diagnos my problem. I have noticed
recently that sometimes when I shift from forward to reverse that I a have jerking or jolt effect. This does not happen every time. I fills like there is something loose in the rear end. Could this be caused by wear of the gears.

I recently change the hydro fluids and cleaned the screen thinking that may be the problem. The screen was very clean
when I took it out. My hydraulics work better after changing fluids, but I still have the rear end jerk.

/ 1610D Rear End #2  
hey there,

I had this happen, it might be as simple for you too. make sure that one of the 3-point hitch arms are catching on the tire treads... Otherwise it might be something like a worn cog on the gears, perhaps. Does it stay in gear OK, does it feel like the drive train is slipping in reverse?? I hope it's not too bad!! -arthr

/ 1610D Rear End
I had this happen, it might be as simple for you too. make sure that one of the 3-point hitch arms are catching on the tire treads... Otherwise it might be something like a worn cog on the gears, perhaps. Does it stay in gear OK, does it feel like the drive train is slipping in reverse?? I hope it's not too bad!! -arthr

I does not slip any in reverse of foward. If the gears are worn that bad, should I go ahead and replace thim. I lifted the rear off the ground and checked the free play by rotated the wheels back and forth. Seemed to be a good bit of travel between gear contact. I not sure if that is supposed be that much free movement or not.

/ 1610D Rear End #4  
You'll need to determine where the slop is. It may be fixed by replacing parts or shimming, depending on where it is at.

/ 1610D Rear End
When it goes into gear from reverse to forward it shifts hard.
It feel like something slamming together. Would this be caused by a broken gear or worn gear. This does not happen every time. The lower the RPM that I shift gears in it less noticale.