Tiller wheels

/ Tiller wheels #1  

paulBurns

Tractor
Ym3110
I am haveing a problem with lack of control on tiller depth. Ym3100 . When I go to raise the tiller a small amount nothing happens until it suddenly comes up too much. Creates umps in the tilled ground.
I do have wheels with the Yanmar brand tiller Model 1601 which I have. I have noticed that the decals 0n the tractor fender in Japanese show wheels for the tiller.
My question is will the use of such wheels on the tiller improve tilling performance and give better depth control.
Question 2. the right side of the tiller goes to a deeper depth and leaves a depression on the finished ground on thaqt side. I cannot correct this with either adjusting the pickup linkage or changing the adjustment of the flap behind the tiller. Any suggestions??

/ Tiller wheels #2  
Paul,

I think alot of the new tillers out on the market don't even come with wheels. My Yanmar tiller didn't come with the wheels and I have had some issues with "bumps" like you as I am in TN and our ground isn't flat like FL. I think if you are working the tiller up and down the wheels wouldn't make much of a difference because when you move the tiller up I believe the wheels come up as well. If you want to lock in at one depth you might try your hydraulic lock under the seat. By turning it you can lock the arms in place. I don't do this with the tiller though because I need to work mine up and down while tilling. If you use the hydro lock you can't lift up and down.

Brian

/ Tiller wheels #3  
If you use the wheels correctly, they will give a very even depth. If you are getting more cut on one side the tines are probably installed unevenly. They can be put in several different ways. They need to be alternated righ and left as the tiller turns to give an even cut. If they aren't installed right the tiller will leave a very uneven till. The weight of the tiller should be on the wheels while tilling to give a controlled tilling depth.