Wiring Diagram - Help!

/ Wiring Diagram - Help! #1  

Jagmandave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1602D
Need a wiring diagram for my 1602D, trying to trace a problem. If anyone has one or a link to one I'd appreciate it. Trying to fix a pesky problem so I can get mine out to the field this weekend.............

/ Wiring Diagram - Help! #2  
There may not be one, unless there happens to be a US version tractor similar to the YM1602. Here is a Ym240 diagram that may be of some use.

/ Wiring Diagram - Help! #3  
Maybe if you describe the pesky problem, the good folks in this forum might be able to help!!
Richard.

/ Wiring Diagram - Help!
Good point.
There are two wires that go to the thermostart device, a black and a red, both terminate at the device. There is a lamp on the dash that glows while you have the key turned left, warming up the thermostart. It seems to be on a timed relay, as it goes out after 30 sec's or so. When I disassembled the dash to repaint it, I somehow have lost this red wire to the lamp, so I was trying to trace it down without opening the harness. I only assume this is how it works.........
The wiring diagram in the above post just shows a straight connection to the thermostart - no relay...........

Also, my fuel guage has quit working, and theres a very small red light that I don't remember ever seeing lit up, and I wonder what it does? So, you can see why a good wiring diagram would help, but any and all help or ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks to all ,
Dave

/ Wiring Diagram - Help! #5  
Here is a diagram to a YM220. It might be closer than the YM240.

/ Wiring Diagram - Help!
Ok, that's closer, but these tired old eyes of mine are having a hard time with the small print, let me study it a bit. Still doesn't seem to have that red wire off the thermostart........

/ Wiring Diagram - Help! #7  
Here is a wiring diagram for a YM195. It shows the thermastart wiring. If you want a better copy let me know and I will email it directly to you. The original before compression is very easy to read.

/ Wiring Diagram - Help! #8  
woops! somehow I goofed. Let me try again.

Attachments

• 625375-YM195 Wiring diagram3.jpg
    625375-YM195 Wiring diagram3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 3,449
   / Wiring Diagram - Help!
OK, problem sorted out. The little red light is the one that indicates the thermostart in action, and is on an electronic timer built into the voltage regulator for the alternator. The other light, which has a white or opaque lens, is part of the lights circuit. I guess it's there to illuminate the shifter area?
Thanks to all for the responces, as usual we can count on the TBN forum for answers to just about anything! Here's a pic of the two lights, one immediately to the left of the ignition switch and the other directly below that......

Attachments

• 625549-Tractor dash pics 003.jpg
    625549-Tractor dash pics 003.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,022
   / Wiring Diagram - Help! #10  
That's that new-fangled stuff that we YMXX00 guys don't have.