Tractor
    YM2200

Default Yanmar 2200 Wireing Diagram

Hello everyone! I'm new to these forums and also a new owner of a yanmar 2200. I'm needing a little help and hope someone can help me out. The wireing on this tractor is pretty much messed up, it does run fine as I have done used it and stuff, just I don't have any lights of any kind, and there is a lot of wires just hanging down under the dash that doesn't go anywhere, as in broke, cut, etc. The fuse panel "box" looks like it is pretty well toast and busted. Most of the knobs don't work, thankfully the key switch does! Everything else is in great shape and looks and runs fine. So my question is, does anyone have a wireing diagram for this tractor or one pretty close to it to go by so I can re-wire it back to the way it was or wire it my own way and add new switches and lights etc. myself? I found one on here but it has many more dash lights and switches/gauges than my tractor has (or has now!). I'm good at the wireing part, just don't know what goes where and don't wanna mess something up. Far as I know everything mechanical does work fine and I "think" the regulator is ok, will know more about that when I get some of this wire mess fixed! Thanks for any help I do recieve in advance! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Elite Member

Default Re: Yanmar 2200 Wireing Diagram

Here is a YM240 schematic, (thanks to California), that should be close enough.

Tractor
    YM2200

Thanks! I'll give it a try and see how far I get.

Another question, this really don't fit my topic, but does anyone know where to buy the suitcase weights for these? I need at least 150# would be nice. Thanks

Elite Member

Any "real" tractor dealer should have them, they are pretty much generic. Expect to pay about 1$ per pound.

Tractor
    YM 2210

There are some old threads on here about replacing the fuse boxes.. I think you can get a generic at any auto parts.. There are threads about replacing the voltage regulator with a modern electronic one. I would recommend these changes and then you can just wire the rest how ever you like.....but u will need to know which amp fuse to use where....

Tractor
    Yanmar YM186D & Ford LGT14D

Like this from NAPA.............
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elite Member

Is that picture title the item part #?

Tractor
    YM2200

I like that one better than autozones!

Another question, does anyone know if the Wells VR728 regualtor will work with my tractor?? (YM2200) Or will it require a little "modifying"??

Tractor
    Yanmar YM186D & Ford LGT14D

No