Battery / 1610D

/ Battery / 1610D #1  

remurden

Tractor
Yanmar 1610D
My battery has finally given out on me. Tried charging it but wont hold a charge. When i am running the tractor and turn on the lights, the gauges lose power to them. Anyway, a friend of mine gave me two marine batteries that he never used. I was wondering if i could use one of these as a replacement assuming it fits in the battery compartment.
Thanks,
Richard

/ Battery / 1610D #2  
I think Marine batteries put out lower cranking amps and tend to give a longer slower output of power. If it fits and will start the tractor, I see no harm in trying it.

/ Battery / 1610D #3  
They will work but are not ideal....They are designed to be charged then used then charged then used then charged.... well you get the idea.. Most boats don't have a charging system.. You charge your battery at home. So they want them to hold a charge for along time.... It may be a little low on cold cranking amps but probabaly work just fine.....

/ Battery / 1610D #4  
hey there, welcome to TBN.

i had to change the battery on my 1601 last winter-- critical items to be aware of are; should be 12v and the terminal posts should either match up or care exercised in conecting... on my 1601, the battery pos & neg posts are opposite than what most cars have.... hth, arthr

/ Battery / 1610D #5  
They have plenty of power for your tractor and will hold a charge for a longer time than standard batteries.