Tractor
    Yanmar 1610D

Default Battery / 1610D

My battery has finally given out on me. Tried charging it but wont hold a charge. When i am running the tractor and turn on the lights, the gauges lose power to them. Anyway, a friend of mine gave me two marine batteries that he never used. I was wondering if i could use one of these as a replacement assuming it fits in the battery compartment.
    Thanks,
    Richard

Tractor
    FX28D

Default Re: Battery / 1610D

I think Marine batteries put out lower cranking amps and tend to give a longer slower output of power. If it fits and will start the tractor, I see no harm in trying it.

Tractor
    YM 2210

They will work but are not ideal....They are designed to be charged then used then charged then used then charged.... well you get the idea.. Most boats don't have a charging system.. You charge your battery at home. So they want them to hold a charge for along time.... It may be a little low on cold cranking amps but probabaly work just fine.....

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    3 Yanmars

hey there, welcome to TBN.

i had to change the battery on my 1601 last winter-- critical items to be aware of are; should be 12v and the terminal posts should either match up or care exercised in conecting... on my 1601, the battery pos & neg posts are opposite than what most cars have.... hth, arthr

Platinum Member

They have plenty of power for your tractor and will hold a charge for a longer time than standard batteries.