ROPS - Group 7 Available Next Week

/ ROPS - Group 7 Available Next Week #1  

LMTC

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar
I promised to post, so I am. The first batch of Group 7 ROPS-- which will fit YM models 2200, 2500, 2610, 2620, 2700, 2820, 3000, 3110, 3220, 3810, 4220--SHOULD be available for shipping by late next week, perhaps even Wednesday. You may well be able to find them at several dealers initially, probably more as time goes by. Don't expect to see the price go down--as most of you probably realize, a huge chunk of the manufacturing cost is i-n-s-u-r-a-n-c-e.

The others SHOULD become available monthly..i.e., a new group each month. Next up is Group 4--1600, 1700, 1900, 2000, 2210, and any "B" variations of these.

/ ROPS - Group 7 Available Next Week #2  
Wayne,

I just posted yesterday that I will not allow my son or wife to use the tractor because of no ROPS or experience. I would be more willing if it had ROPS.

What would be the "ballpark" price on the group 4 units and does it include seat belts? I have a 1700 and would be interested to know as they are bugging the ***p out of me to "play" on it.

Thanks,
Fig

/ ROPS - Group 7 Available Next Week #4  
I,m glad to here that rops for these tractors are now here. For the new people on the site please don't try to design your own rops.Read thissad article b-4 you start.

/ ROPS - Group 7 Available Next Week
Just a bit of further information for the detail-obsessive among us (I can say that...I am sometimes weighed down by my inherent need for detail).

ROPS is black, foldable, OSHA approved, USA made, includes seat belt and all hardware necessary for installation on original factory configuration (i.e., if your tractor has in some way been altered, it MAY affect the fit). It CAN be shipped UPS and comes in three packages.

So for all the clamor I've read about ROPS the past 6 months how come we don't have the first fax or email ordering one? Is it my breath? No, really...I can take it. Just tell me. It's my beard, isn't it? I'm a man......but I can change.....if I have to....I guess. (Any other fans of Red Green and the Possum Lodge? "When all else fails, play dead")

/ ROPS - Group 7 Available Next Week #6  
Because I have a YMG-1800d, which you don't make one for (yet?) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ ROPS - Group 7 Available Next Week #7  
LMTC,
"I'm a man......but I can change.....if I have to....I guess. (Any other fans of Red Green and the Possum Lodge?"

Yeah, Red Green and that sewage guy do some pretty goofy stuff. I think it's PBS Prime Time? Not Sure /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I wanna be a member. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PS. I've got a FX26D, haven't seen em' on the list yet so I'll just be patient. Have to sew my pocket up and start savin change.

/ ROPS - Group 7 Available Next Week #8  
Amen brother Rusty. I am totally concerned about safety, but my son is going to have to start eating three meals a day instead of six! If I send my pants to you; will you sow the pockets on it to? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No offence Wayne. I know those things cost you big time and the price of steel just keeps going up, but I will have to save some money somewhere to buy one.

Fig

/ ROPS - Group 7 Available Next Week #9  
Wayne,

I was waiting for the group 4 version before saying anything. But since you don't sound overwhelmed by orders yet...

What can you tell us about the group 4's? (YM2000). I'm curious about total height, both raised and folded. Is it reasonable to reach back and fold it for a single obstacle, like shown in the attached pic? That's my normal working environment.

Also a detailed photo of the bases would be helpful. My fenders sit on 3/4 inch spacer plates (due to oversize tires) and I wonder if I can keep those spacers.

/ ROPS - Group 7 Available Next Week
Don't know, haven't seen it yet. It is next out, optimistically in 4 weeks we are told.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Also a detailed photo of the bases would be helpful. )</font> Again, perhaps later. We have not seen them. We do know they are OSHA approved, and USA made, and essentially are the only thing available, so we didn't press for a lot of detail. Maybe you can get Kenmac to take a digital of the bases on his...he has the prototype on his tractor.