1700 hydraulic screen

/ 1700 hydraulic screen #1  

yannie1700

Tractor
ym1700
Hi,
I figured since i had all the hytrans drained while replacing my rear axle housing it would be a good time to check the hydraulic screen since I have never done so, after pulling the bolts and the assembly out i found that there was very little screen left. Since I have apparently been running this machine for a long time without the benefit of the screen is it an absolute necessity to have it there?? I have temporarily just replaced the cover since the spring and rod that runs through the sping kinda flop around in there also I have removed the o-ring as it was damaged. Am I going to damage my little machine by running it this way???
Thnaks again
John

/ 1700 hydraulic screen #3  
" Am I going to damage my little machine by running it this way???"

Probably, I wouldn't want the stuff that clogs those screens up running through my hydraulic system.

/ 1700 hydraulic screen
Well I just got off the phone with aaron at hoye thanks for the help and good info........anxiouslly awaiting my parts my grass needs mowed and i have holes to dig.
thanks again
john

/ 1700 hydraulic screen
Ok i just recieved my screen and have a question, what holds the screen in place once its insertd in the tractor??? I have nothing to go by since mine was "rotted" away and only small fragments were left. also what size is the o-ring that accompany's iti was told 16mm but that cant be right.
thanks again
john

/ 1700 hydraulic screen #6  
The old type filter screen for the YM1700 is held in place by a 6m threaded rod & nut, there are 2 O-rings 1 G50 and 1 G60. The new type has a spring that goes up inside the screen and it has 1 P50 O-ring. I can Fax or e-mail an exploded view of both types

Danny

/ 1700 hydraulic screen
i looked at it and have no problems other than getting the o-ring you were out of stock the other day and im trying to match it at napa and having a hard time without knowing the size

/ 1700 hydraulic screen #10  
I don't know if napa would have them, my local napa does not. You should be able to find it at most any place that sells bearing & seals. If you can't find one let me know and I'll send one to you.

Danny