Buying Advice About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise?

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #1  

dpoplaw

Tractor
YM2500
I am about to purchase a non-reconditioned YM2500 with 800 hours and 5 foot tiller. I have test driven and verified condition of mechanicals and fluids. Would anyone advise not buying this model?

What is a reasonable price? I can't seem to find as much info on the YM2500 vs YM1700,YM2000,YM2200 models. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #2  
If it is a nice unt $4000 is a good price.

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #3  
If I remember correctly, the YM2500 is a very close match to the JD850 which was made by Yanmar. It is one of the more common gray market Yanmar tractors, and parts availability is good.

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #4  
When I bought my YM 3000 in the winter of 2004 I looked at several. My 3000 was $4900 and the 2500 were $4300-$4400 at the importer. The 2500 and the 3000 are the same tractor with a different power plant and some minor parts. Common tractor. But that still doesn't make getting some parts easy. Most of the parts like filters and gaskets are easy to come by. Some others are a little harder to come by. So far I've been to get everything I needed from Hoye Tractor. After a year and a half I'd still buy one, well built and made to last. Like any tractor made in 1977 I am expecting to have to work on it from time to time.
Chris

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #5  
The YM2500 and JD850 share the same engine 3T80.

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #6  
We don't know where u live or who u might buy this tractor from? This info may help some advise you..

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise?
Thanks for the valuable input. I live in Minnetonka, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis). I have a forty acre hobby farm in western Wisconsin. I just purchased the YM2500 tractor with approx. 800 hours from a imported in Dorchester, Wisconsin. The purchase price was $3800 for tractor plus 600 for tiller.

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #8  
Sorry I'm too late to offer pre-purchase advice/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif...But I hope in time to validate your decision /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I too have a 40 acre "tick ranch" and just absolutely love my 2500 that I stole a year and a half ago for about $3200. Non-remanufactured with 1647 hrs. Built my own FEL with plans from CadPlan, and added fluid to the rear tires. Couldn't be more pleased. So far I have found all the parts I needed at Fredricks Equipment

Enjoy!!

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise? #9  
U did good! How do you like it?
Don't let those giant skeeters drag u off into the woods.. They do terrible things in the woods....

/ About to purchase YM2500 ... any advise?
I haven't actually picked it up yet, but am really excited to get it. Now I am wondering if I should put a FEL on it. These things are pretty expensive and my needs have to justify the price. I have a long gravel driveway that needs to be de-crowned, if there is such a word. Plans for large gardens and a fruit orchard (whatever I can grow in climate zone 3-4). Maybe future animals. Does anyone out there use a rear mounted bucket vs. FEL?