Dealer Yanmar dealers in Ca.

/ Yanmar dealers in Ca. #1  

you1

Tractor
Yanmar FX17
Yes, I know the market is world wide. Shiping cost can and is generally almost equavilent to its cost. Presently own a Yanmar(FX17) and would like to trade up to a larger model (~35 HP). <font color="red"> </font> Does anyone know how to locate a list of Yanmar dealers in Ca,? Another option would be to switch brands. Any suggestions on similar quality and cost?
thanks
kb@mybizol.com

/ Yanmar dealers in Ca. #2  
you1:

Dave's Tractor
530-528-0755
530-528-8305 (FAX)
24015 BlackBerry Ave.
Red Bluff, CA 96080

Yanmar / Iseki / Mahindra / Branson

web page

/ Yanmar dealers in Ca. #3  
I agree with Whiskey......
Talk to Dave, a real stand up dealer in CA.

/ Yanmar dealers in Ca. #4  
Dave's in Northern California, and Jim's in Southern California, are TBN posters. Both have excellent reputations.

I sent you a PM about a third source in mid-California that you might want to approach with caution. This third source is a merchant who imports tractors of like-new appearance but provides no support whatever following a 30 day limited warranty, and has no parts stock.

In a couple of years of looking, I've never heard of any other dealers within a day's drive.

I also considered Ernie's (Oregon) or EFC (Washington) since they are helpful and well respected on TBN.

I finally found my Yanmar from a farmer who listed it in the newspaper.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any suggestions on similar quality and cost? )</font>

I have a vague idea that some of the Iseki models are comparable to Yanmar except there are fewer of them in the US so they sell for lower prices. Some 'American' tractors are relabelled Iseki's but it's not clear to me which ones, or if the American-brand dealers will support the gray market versions. I would spend a lot of time on research before going in that direction. Can someone else comment on the Iseki's?

/ Yanmar dealers in Ca. #5  
I have sold 4 or 5 tractors to customers near you (San Martin)...But I rarely get anything over 30HP. Most I sell are 19-26HP. Dave might have something larger.

/ Yanmar dealers in Ca. #6  
Are there any Yanmar tractor dealers in south west Riverside County in So. Cal? Can someone please e-mail me at tucalota@wildblue.net with Jim's Tractors contact info? Thanks,

/ Yanmar dealers in Ca. #7  
Tucaloca, welcome!

This thread was posted ten years ago and life has moved on.

Dave in Red Bluff has been the western region Mahindra distributor for several years now and no longer sells used Yanmars. Still a great guy, I had some work done there in 2009, but he's not relevant to what you want.

Jim's Tractors no longer exists so far as I can tell. I drove through Pearblossom, his hometown, about five years ago and there's no trace of him. His posting history shows he last posted in this forum in 2005. He's gone.

There's some outfit in Corona that advertises in the Northern California Craigslists. Makes me wonder if they want to ship so far from Corona that they never see the tractor again. I don't know of any other ongoing business within several hundred miles of you, or me. (Northern California.)

My advice is watch Craigslist for a used one. And buyer beware, there are Yanmars out there with museum-quality paint jobs that were 'factory reconditioned' from junkyard parts. Those 'reconditioners' have absolutely no access to genuine Yanmar service parts.

These are great tractors. But since they are near indestructible, a lot were shipped over here after 30 years use, repainted, and misrepresented. If you can find one in good condition it will be all you hoped for.

/ Yanmar dealers in Ca. #8  
There was an outfit selling reconditioned machines out of a large metal building in the Temecula/Murrieta area, but at least some of their tractors were up for auction awhile back (Somewhere around here there is/was a link to the auction), and I haven't seen anything advertised for some time. They claimed to have access to parts and so forth, but I suspect they were associated with aztractorsales (dot) com, who are still operational.

Are you looking to buy a tractor? Trying to get parts, or do you need service? If you need parts, the short and simple answer is to order what you need from Hoye. While there are other sources, they are the best. For most maintenance things, Napa or some other parts stores/Wal-marts have the majority of what is needed. Some air filters may need to be ordered.

The seller California referenced is one of those who has rebadged Yanmar machines as YNM or completely blanked the manufacturer over. A craigslist search for YNM will yield their offerings simply enough.