Tractor
    Yanmar FX17

Default Yanmar dealers in Ca.

Yes, I know the market is world wide. Shiping cost can and is generally almost equavilent to its cost. Presently own a Yanmar(FX17) and would like to trade up to a larger model (~35 HP). <font color="red"> </font> Does anyone know how to locate a list of Yanmar dealers in Ca,? Another option would be to switch brands. Any suggestions on similar quality and cost?
    thanks
    kb@mybizol.com

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    YM 187 Yanmar / JD 790

Default Re: Yanmar dealers in Ca.

you1:

Dave's Tractor
    530-528-0755
    530-528-8305 (FAX)
    24015 BlackBerry Ave.
    Red Bluff, CA 96080

Yanmar / Iseki / Mahindra / Branson

web page

I agree with Whiskey......
    Talk to Dave, a real stand up dealer in CA.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Dave's in Northern California, and Jim's in Southern California, are TBN posters. Both have excellent reputations.

I sent you a PM about a third source in mid-California that you might want to approach with caution. This third source is a merchant who imports tractors of like-new appearance but provides no support whatever following a 30 day limited warranty, and has no parts stock.

In a couple of years of looking, I've never heard of any other dealers within a day's drive.

I also considered Ernie's (Oregon) or EFC (Washington) since they are helpful and well respected on TBN.

I finally found my Yanmar from a farmer who listed it in the newspaper.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any suggestions on similar quality and cost? )</font>

I have a vague idea that some of the Iseki models are comparable to Yanmar except there are fewer of them in the US so they sell for lower prices. Some 'American' tractors are relabelled Iseki's but it's not clear to me which ones, or if the American-brand dealers will support the gray market versions. I would spend a lot of time on research before going in that direction. Can someone else comment on the Iseki's?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Any Japanese

I have sold 4 or 5 tractors to customers near you (San Martin)...But I rarely get anything over 30HP. Most I sell are 19-26HP. Dave might have something larger.