Snow front mounted snow blower Q's

/ front mounted snow blower Q's #1  

Cord

Veteran Member
Tractor
Resident Architect
front mounted snow blower Q\'s

I was just about to buy a snow blower when I checked the rotation of my little 1110's engine. The engine rotates to the left and the blower that I want rotates to the right! So much for powering the blower off a electric clutch! I looked at mounting the blower off the 3pt, but again the pto is rotating in the wrong direction. If I could take a drive shaft off the pto and send the power forward to a front mounted snowblower, the rotation would now be correct. But this sounds like a pretty complex solution. I was wondering if any members had pics of a simular installation?

/ front mounted snow blower Q's #2  
Re: front mounted snow blower Q\'s

I'm thinking of doing exactaly that, powering a front snow blower from the PTO, but haven't gotton around to building it yet. When I do, I will be sure to post some pics.

Rich

/ front mounted snow blower Q's #3  

I was looking at an Erskin blower awhile back, it was front mounted yet driven off the pto, don't remember their web address but you should be able to do a search and get it.

/ front mounted snow blower Q's #4  

I've got a front mounted/rear driven blower on a 186D. Look at photo section under Skinman for the parts before installing for winter. Look up Ducksjunk post from 4-9-05 for a front PTO install he did (don't know how to link you there), he made a nice setup. I'll try to post some installed photos if I remember how. First one is of the front end.

Attachments

• 735377-120-2068a_IMG.JPG
    735377-120-2068a_IMG.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 406
   / front mounted snow blower Q's #5  

This is the rear gearbox. There is more detail in the Photo section.

Attachments

• 735379-120-2070a_IMG.JPG
    735379-120-2070a_IMG.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 565
   / front mounted snow blower Q's #6  

This is the chute control.

Attachments

• 735381-120-2071a_IMG.JPG
    735381-120-2071a_IMG.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 322
   / front mounted snow blower Q's #7  

This is the side view. I replaced the clutch this summer and it turned into...I'll paint a few parts...I'll fix some other stuff. 4 months to replace the clutch. Work on your snowblower only before winter so you don't loose track like I did. Ask any questions on this post and I'll try to answer them. Good Luck, snow throwers are fun when there is no wind, you'll find out.

Attachments

• 735387-120-2072a_IMG.JPG
    735387-120-2072a_IMG.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 347
   / front mounted snow blower Q's

Sorry, but I couldn't find your directory in the photo section. So the pto comes off the rear and then travels forward? Is the driveshaft a single piece supported by the frame? This looks like a easier method for powering the blower than what I was planning so I'm very interested. Can you give me a link to your photo section?

/ front mounted snow blower Q's #9  

Cord, I'm at work and can't get to photos for a link, but it's in the Member Photo Galleries - pick "S" from the alphabetical index thing on top and scroll down to Skinman. There are a number of pictures there with some notations. A single 1" (?) dia. shaft runs from back to front. The frame is 3 or 4" channel with the webs facing out. 3 or 4 pieces of welded flat stock keep it together and the shaft goes through the flat stock. Holes are drilled through the center of each flat piece and a flanged bearing is mounted to each to support the shaft. I'll try to get the link later tonight if the kids cooperate and mom is tended to (arthroscopic surgery yesterday). Let me know if you would like any dimensions.

Skinman

/ front mounted snow blower Q's #10  

Oops, the web of the channel is facing inward, just looked at my own pictures on this post.