Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default YM 2000-problem of push from implements?

I'm seriously considering buying a Yanmar 2000 to use for bush-hogging and light box blade work. I've been reading about problems with implements, especially rotary cutters, pushing the tractor forward after the clutch is pushed since the PTO is tranny-driven. Is this a problem with the 2000? If so, how much push could I expect? Some trans-driven PTO's have a ratcheting, slip coupling to keep this from happening. Does the 2000 have this? If not, how do you combat being pushed? I'll know more when I get a chance to test drive one, but I was curious about what you guys' thoughts are. Also, if I want to do a little box work, is a front weight a good idea to have?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM1700

Default Re: YM 2000-problem of push from implements?

I have a YM1700 just slight smaller that the 2000. I put an over run clutch on the PTO shaft and have not had any problems since. That stops that problem. The clutch cost about $40. Great little tractors.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

I have a 2000, I learned real quick that I prefered to have a over running clutch for it.

It is the same as any old tractor, no big deal. I recomend spending the extra couple of bucks on a quick change one though. If you need to take it off for a tiller it will require alot less work.

Gold Member
    Approved Advertiser

Tractor
    Yanmar

You will be very unhappy without an over-running clutch. The 1st time you need to make a panic stop and end up mowing through your garage door you will really wish you had bought one. I would also recommend the quick detach version. Most Tractor Supply locations are stocking them now. You won't find a more durable tractor than the YM2000.

Aaron
    Parts@hoyeTractor.com
    (940)438-0386

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

Just thought I'd add that I love mine.. Its a great tractor..

Tractor
    Yanmar 2000

I have been having the YM2000 for all most a year, its a great tractor for it's size. I'm well pleased with mine. Use the over run clutch and you will not have any problems. I use a 5' Bush Hog added 2 suit case weights to the front of the Tractor.

Tractor
    Yanmar

Default YM-2000 PTO problem

Three speed PTO shifting problem. PTO engaged in position N - 2 - 3. Position 1 seems to want to load engine with no PTO drive. There is no neutral position found. Anyone know what is happening here short of opening the transmission case?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 2002d

Default Re: YM-2000 PTO problem

Quote Originally Posted by blacklander View Post
    Three speed PTO shifting problem. PTO engaged in position N - 2 - 3. Position 1 seems to want to load engine with no PTO drive. There is no neutral position found. Anyone know what is happening here short of opening the transmission case?
    Welcome to the forum. Greenville, Tx I assume. I live in the Gilmer area. If your external shift linkage is intact then something is amuck inside. If so I would pull the hydraulic unit first. After inspection you might have to pull the pto unit. Yanmar Tractor Parts: SHIFT_LEVERS

Tractor
    Kubota L3200

I have had my YM 2000 since 2001. It is a very dependable, low maintenance, very reliable piece of equipment. When you install your over run clutch, if your drive shaft is too long, please pay attention when cutting the drive shaft down, lets say that your drive shaft is 4" too long, you have to cut 4" inches off both shaft's, in another words, you have to cut equal amounts off both ends. The shaft have a male and female part, and slide onto each other. I have also seen where a machinist, cut his drive shaft down for his tiller in order to use the over run clutch. Have fun with it, you will enjoy it! Please note that this forum is excellent in all area's of trouble-shooting, repairing, fabrication, and just good down right good folks! Take care.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

lets say Zombie thread!!
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast